Ship Notice

• Praise
  • Updated 1 year ago
Shipping started yesterday I do be leave.
Photo of FRED  W9TB

FRED W9TB

• 162 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Reggie-k6xr

Reggie-k6xr

• 413 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
any shipments from orders on the 5/20 yet?
Photo of Gerald - K5SDR

Gerald - K5SDR, Employee

• 825 Posts
  • 1504 Reply Likes
FYI, the shipping department will be working on Saturday to get more out the door.  UPS does not pick up on Saturday but that will let them get a lot more ready to out on Monday.  
Photo of Kevin - KS0CW

Kevin - KS0CW

• 89 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Thanks for going the extra mile...
Photo of Clay N9IO

Clay N9IO

• 562 Posts
  • 138 Reply Likes
Way to go Gerald.
Photo of KC2QMA_John

KC2QMA_John

• 639 Posts
  • 239 Reply Likes
Thank You SIr
Photo of James Kennedy-WU5E

James Kennedy-WU5E

• 321 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
good move thanks
Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 505 Posts
  • 149 Reply Likes
It is time once again to extend my offer to fully test and break in your new radio for you!

I've offered this with 100% success on prior offerings as well as on new antennas that other forum members have purchased.

Here is how it works:

Simply leave your new radio or StepperIR monster antenna in the box and ship it direct to me. 

I will unpack and assemble the radio and/or antenna and document each step for your final report.

I will keep the radio/antenna for a period of 6 months and perform extensive on the air testing in an environment that none of you could hope to duplicate and that is the high intensity RF field near WWV.

Environmentally our air covers the full spectrum from cold to warm, dry to moist and at times it can do that all in one day! 

I will keep detailed stats on your equipment performance and how well it does in hitting that rare DX that I need.

When 6 months are up I will send the equipment back to you with a certificate of completion and performance reports.

All of this I provide for free!  I will charge you not one red cent for this service and what you will get is equipment that you know will work in all environments and you will sleep easy at night knowing that any component obsolesce has been dealt with and your equipment can survive the harshest environment.

If 6 months is too long or short we have custom plans available ranging from 30 days to 5 years.  Your choice.  The price is the same.  Absolutely free!

I had one user request information on my 100% success rate and I feel obligated to state that this offering does in fact have a 100% success rate and that is because no one has yet to take me up on it.  So 0% of 0% is 100% of zero or something like that.  

Anyway the service exists.  I have the skills, the tools and the massive RF field, the warm, cold, dry, moist air.  Ship your radio and antennas my way and you will ensure your own confidence in your new equipment!

Offered graciously to my fellow FlexRadio users!

Mark - WS7M
Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3700 Posts
  • 1550 Reply Likes
For anyone taking Mark up on his wonderful offer, I have a special deal on shares in the Brooklyn Bridge
Photo of Gary Wise

Gary Wise

• 79 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
My 6600 arrived at 6:36pm. The driver said he was overloaded today (probably all of those Flex shipments).

Unboxing and setup tomorrow morning at my station.

73 and thanks to the Flex team!

Gary W4EEY
Photo of Wayne VK4ACN

Wayne VK4ACN

• 130 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Gary
Are you going to video the setup so we all can see
Wayne
Photo of Marc Lalonde

Marc Lalonde

• 368 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
ho  i just notice that 

**The Rack Mount will be shipped at a later date**
Photo of Mike Steiner, K7QDX

Mike Steiner, K7QDX

• 33 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
Received invoice on Tuesday night, Today (Thursday) received my tracking number. Looks like next Wednesday for me shipped to my work. However I gotta keep it from my co-workers. One has one on order, the other wants to wait till the rush is over and get one. (He's threaten to take mine).  
(Edited)
Photo of bahillen

bahillen

• 123 Posts
  • 41 Reply Likes
Got is unboxed, wired and software loaded. The 6600 has done its part now I have to start playing and going to school.

W9JJB
Bill

Photo of FRED  W9TB

FRED W9TB

• 162 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Has anyone received a 6600M yet ??
Photo of Reggie-k6xr

Reggie-k6xr

• 413 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
I see (unless I am missing it) no "M" models being delivered yet? am I wrong?
Photo of Marc Lalonde

Marc Lalonde

• 368 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
think it just many like me at last minute turn into non M + Mastero   
same front anyway , more easy to acces connector on Mastero to ;-)
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9178 Posts
  • 3525 Reply Likes
We are shipping all models.
Photo of Marc Lalonde

Marc Lalonde

• 368 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
just receive my  6600 ;-)  

(Edited)
Photo of Clay N9IO

Clay N9IO

• 562 Posts
  • 138 Reply Likes
Back in the saddle again...
Should have been making and/or modifiying my cacles while I waited.
Everything working with the Maestro as well.
I did however update DDUtil to the updated version for SSDR Ver2 ahead of time, took off without a hitch.
(Edited)
Photo of Marc Lalonde

Marc Lalonde

• 368 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
here all is ready for tomorrow "expedition" to remote site ;-)

Photo of Marc Lalonde

Marc Lalonde

• 368 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
oupss  no Bouvet EME 

FEBRUARY 3 @ 21:30z — During the last 72 hours we continued to experience the high winds, low clouds, fog, and rough seas that have prevented helicopter operations since our arrival at Bouvet. No improvement was predicted in the weather forecast for the next four days. Then, last night an issue developed in one of the ship’s engines. This morning the captain of the vessel declared it unsafe to continue with our project and
aborted the expedition. We are now on our long voyage back to Punta Arenas, As you might imagine the team is deeply disappointed, but safe. There is already talk about rescheduling the DXpedition,

Bob – K4UEE
Ralph – K0IR

Erling – LA6VM
Photo of Clay N9IO

Clay N9IO

• 562 Posts
  • 138 Reply Likes
Thank you for posting Marc first time I have seen this.
Sad and disappointed for the team and masses.
Photo of Marc Lalonde

Marc Lalonde

• 368 Posts
  • 91 Reply Likes
yup and not good for flex ,lot of loss "exposure"   
i almost sure guy will try to reschedule something soon , all it ready 
Photo of Clay N9IO

Clay N9IO

• 562 Posts
  • 138 Reply Likes
Definitely so much at stake on so many fronts.
The personal cash outlay alone, ouch!
Not sure how this will play out but rest assured the men involved are a very determined crew. Better than 10 years in planning. Don't count them out, I assure you the dream is very much allive.
Safe return is first and foremost...
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T

George Molnar, KF2T, Elmer

• 1639 Posts
  • 599 Reply Likes
Anyone who ordered after Dayton get “the word” yet?
Photo of K3SF

K3SF

• 245 Posts
  • 69 Reply Likes
Ordered 6600M on 24 May 2017,
Received/Paid Invoice on 30 Jan 2018

Now waiting for shipping info

Paul K3SF
(Edited)
Photo of Warren

Warren

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ordered a 6400m on 5/26/17 payed invoice waiting on tracking number. I’m sure there are Dayton orders on desks right now.
Photo of James Kennedy-WU5E

James Kennedy-WU5E

• 321 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes

Only the paying the invoice , no ship at of yet , I'm in Korea working till July so Mine will boxed up till I get back, two week vacation for me I get to Kiss the wife, kick the dog and hug my Flex 6600 in that order. Jim WU5E

Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1321 Posts
  • 279 Reply Likes
Hey Jim,

Hopefully tou get a few minutes with the 6600 when you get back. Have a safe trip

Dave wo2x
Photo of Jim K4JAF

Jim K4JAF

• 361 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Anyone who has received the M model, please post some pics.  I dont think I have read of anyone receiving one of them?  Am curious how it looks sitting in the ham shack.  Unfortunately, I didnt order till 6/19/2017 so still waiting invoice here.
Thanks..  
Photo of FRED  W9TB

FRED W9TB

• 162 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Just got my invoice for 6600M order date 6/2/2017. Wont be long now Jim
Photo of Jim K4JAF

Jim K4JAF

• 361 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Great news.  They are moving right along with the delivery.  Post some pix when you get the 6600M.  
Photo of dr Depressor

dr Depressor

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well still waiting here. Purchased mine on 6/7/17 so far no invoice. I assume next week. Boy hamcation is gonna be fun!
Photo of Dave Gipson

Dave Gipson

• 145 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
I ordered mine on 5/31 and have not seen an email or invoice yet.
Photo of spinnaker

spinnaker

• 37 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Dave...which model did you order?
Photo of Dave Gipson

Dave Gipson

• 145 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
6600M
Photo of Dave Gipson

Dave Gipson

• 145 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
WOOO Hooo. I received my invoice today. I had missed it, or the spam filter got it but Mike got me back on track. They have been waiting on me to pay the invoice. Duh Me. Hoping it ships this week.
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1105 Posts
  • 238 Reply Likes
Dave, I would not plan on it shipping this week.  I was told today that my 5/22 ordered 6600m wont ship for 2 to 3 weeks.
Photo of Jim K4JAF

Jim K4JAF

• 361 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
I wonder what the delay is about?  I thought Flex was shipping them out in large quantities at this time and your order date is only 4 days after initial orders began. 
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3636 Posts
  • 875 Reply Likes
Goes to show how many must be shipping.
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1003 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
I wonder the same thing. I also ordered a 6600M on Monday 5/22/2017. I was told by Matt in Sales, when I paid my invoice off on 01/26/2018, that I could expect shipping sometime this week.
So far, I have yet to see a single post by a regular customer, (not Alpha or Beta testers) that has received an M model radio. All so far, have been non-M models. Did everyone who preordered at Dayton/Xenia, only order non-M models? I wouldn't think so. This makes me wonder if there could be production issues with the M models that have just shown up, causing a delay.
It would be nice if FRS would comment on this.
James
WD5GWY
Photo of Jim K4JAF

Jim K4JAF

• 361 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Lets hope no problem with the "M" models, I had hope I might get mine sometime next month, oh well, maybe before the next "Bouvet" dxpedition!
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1003 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
Bill, possibly, yet very few posts overall here or on FRS's Facebook page from people who have received one of the new radios. Compared to posts about the 6300 when it started shipping, there's no comparison. There were a lot of posts about it on several websites, as people got them.
Photo of KF4HR

KF4HR

• 146 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Assuming FRS is shipping in large quantities that term is meaningless unless we know the definition of 'large', and know what their backlog is, but based on the postings it sounds like those who placed their orders around May of last year are just now starting to receive their equipment.  I suspect it will take at least a couple of months to fulfill their backlog.

Photo of Jim K4JAF

Jim K4JAF

• 361 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Certainly sounds correct at present speed of shipment.  I thought Flex had estimated if you ordered one of the new models today you would receive it in April.  Are they overly optimistic again?  Those statements were what I based my delivery date sometime next month.  I wish Flex would let us know ACCURATE shipment schedules.
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1003 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
Non "M" models, yes, and using posts about actually receiving non M models, few of them have gone out. Either that, or people are being very shy about posting that they got their new radio. (unusual for hams to be shy and not brag a bit about a new radio)
So, "volume" shipping may have a different meaning at FRS. It is what it is I guess........frustrating.
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1105 Posts
  • 238 Reply Likes
I am just glad he was honest with me as I need to ship my 6500 back. I have to admit I would not be happy if I shipped it back last June just before the July ship date I was expecting.

They did not say which July :)
Photo of DR DEPRESSOR

DR DEPRESSOR

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Well I sent my radio back in June and still can't even get an invoice. I think it there should have been some consideration for those that had traded a radio in or at least been given some shipping priority. I am sure there are others in a similar situation.  I don't feel this is an unreasonable expectation. Unfortunately, looking back eight months ago who would have predicted this turn of events as it has unfolded.
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1003 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
Rich,
You having not yet sent in your 6500 in for trade in, explains, in part, why they told you 2 to 3 weeks till shipping on your 6600M. By the time they receive it, someone there checks it out, and then they give you an offer on your 6500, and you either accept or reject their offer, 2 weeks could easily pass by.
That was a bit of information, that had you included it in your orignal statement about expected shipping, would make it clear, that in this case, it was just "your" shipping. And not necessarily all 6600M preorders.
So, those of us who completed that part of the transaction early on, could still receive shipping notices, in the next few days.
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 1003 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
Dr Depressor, have you contacted Sales about this?
And when did you pay your inital deposit?
I preordered on 5/22 and sent in my trade in, as soon as they announced they were accepting trade in's. My Invoice didn't show up as I expected it should till I called them
Then, it was in my inbox a few minutes later. So, call Matt in Sales. He can fix it for you.
(Edited)
Photo of Cal Spreitzer

Cal Spreitzer

• 401 Posts
  • 93 Reply Likes
FWIW,  I'm also waiting on my invoice for a June 8th, 2017 Flex 6600 order.  I traded in my 6500 which was also sent to them back in June 2017.  I called Sales 2 weeks ago and was told it would be another 2-3 weeks before I would get an invoice.    

Cal/N3CAL
(Edited)
Photo of FRED  W9TB

FRED W9TB

• 162 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
Cal, I ordered 6600M on 2 June and got invoice last Friday. I have a friend that ordered 5/19 and still no 6600M.
Photo of Kevin - KS0CW

Kevin - KS0CW

• 90 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
FWIW, invoiced on 1/30 and now in queue or shipping...
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1105 Posts
  • 238 Reply Likes
James, they are aware I do not want any delays and am willing to send the 6500 back so not to slow things down. I discussed this in email with Matt.So that isn't the case. 

I am not upset and I am anxious to get my new radio but want them to take as much time as needed to get it right. 

That said, I am not sending the radio back until I have any idea when the other one is going to ship. In all fairness, they have missed a half dozen changing ship dates and counting.

I have done everything they ask. Paid my $500 up front, paid off my invoice when asked and patiently wait.

Its all good.  If there was a better radio or a better company I would buy it instead and not be having this conversation.

All I am saying is for those standing by the door waiting for the brown truck this week, you might want to go play radio. If you did not send yours in :)
Photo of Jim-KB1ZNV

Jim-KB1ZNV

• 36 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
FYI - Invoiced on 1/25/18 and paid. Ordered 6600M on 5/23/17. Still awaiting shipment notice. Of course people may be receiving 6600M's but not announcing on the forum.
Photo of Steve - N5AC

Steve - N5AC, VP Engineering / CTO

• 1049 Posts
  • 1057 Reply Likes
We understand that it's frustrating waiting and not knowing when your radio will be shipped.  The process here is to invoice with plenty of time for you to respond without losing your place in line.  In other words, when your radio is ready to ship, we'd like to ship it without delay.  So we typically are invoicing 1-2 weeks in advance of the actual ship so you have plenty of time to respond and won't have to worry about this.  Also some people have trade-ins and we want to get that handled before your radio is ready to ship.  Then, with six different models (FLEX-6600, FLEX-6600M, FLEX-6400, FLEX-6400M, FLEX-6400 with ATU and FLEX-6400M with ATU), radios come off the line in batches and we ship as we have them.  Because of this, person #124 in line might get their radio after person #130, but in general we are following the ordering that orders are received.  There are a LOT of radios to ship and everyone here is working overtime to get them to you.  The shipping area has overflowed and radios are spilling into the hallways so you can bet we're working to "fix this" by shipping as soon as we can.

Photo of Jim-KB1ZNV

Jim-KB1ZNV

• 36 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Thanks Steve for the update. Will keep the faith.
Photo of Kevin - KS0CW

Kevin - KS0CW

• 89 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Appreciate in taking a couple of seconds to provide a status update...
Photo of Doug

Doug

• 137 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
This sort of posting is wonderful to see, it's very reassuring and goes a l-o-n-g way to your faithful customers 
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T

George Molnar, KF2T, Elmer

• 1636 Posts
  • 595 Reply Likes
I think I see mine!!!!
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 987 Posts
  • 278 Reply Likes
I talked to Matt earlier today. He said at the current rate of shipping, I can probably expect another 4 to 5 business days till my radio ships. But, that is not certain as they are increasing shipment size daily.
So, sometime between now and late next week, seems about right.
Steve, thanks for the photo. I think I see the box for my radio down the hall a ways! :-)
Photo of Clay N9IO

Clay N9IO

• 568 Posts
  • 142 Reply Likes
Looking at Steve's picture above I'd say if you have to have a problem that's a good one to have.
I know numbers aren't discussed but I'm betting sales are crazy out the door.
Home Run, congrats!
Photo of Jim K4JAF

Jim K4JAF

• 361 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
 Thanks for the info, this is the kind of updates we need on a regular basis.  
Photo of Jim K4JAF

Jim K4JAF

• 361 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
 Thanks for the info, this is the kind of updates we need on a regular basis.  
Photo of Jeff NJ2US

Jeff NJ2US

• 5 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I ordered my 6600M on Saturday, 5/20 around noon, and I just received my UPS tracking number a few moments ago (3:30pm EST). This was even after changing my mind (and order..Thanks Matt and Katie) no less then 2 times up to my payment deadline of 1/31...Went back and forth between 6400M and 6600M, and settled back where I started. Looking forward, but won't get much time with it, as I'm headed to Orlando Hamcation on Thursday, and I'll probably pass the UPS truck in my driveway on the way out.
(Edited)
Photo of Reggie-k6xr

Reggie-k6xr

• 413 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Good to see they are on the 20th! My order on the 21st so won't be long now!
Also looking for my 1500 arriving back from repair as well.
Photo of Rick- K2RB

Rick- K2RB

• 25 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Just got my tracking number for 6600M ordered on 5/19.  .  Rick, K2RB
Photo of KC2QMA_John

KC2QMA_John

• 644 Posts
  • 244 Reply Likes
Thanks Steve,That photo me feel like there is hope for us to get our radio real soon.
Photo of Brad A. Steffler

Brad A. Steffler

• 92 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
While I rejoice with you guys getting your new radios, I am eagerly still awaiting my Power Genius XL. Just a little, actually a lot, new "new toy" envy.

Brad
KE4XJ
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3581 Posts
  • 857 Reply Likes
There has not been much said about the amp lately.
Photo of KF4HR

KF4HR

• 146 Posts
  • 52 Reply Likes
Perhaps with the shipments now taking place for the 6400/6600's more attention will turn to getting the PG-XL software finished up.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9157 Posts
  • 3510 Reply Likes
We have a team consisting of FlexRadio and 4O3A engineers working daily on getting the amp ready for GA release.
Photo of Rick- K2RB

Rick- K2RB

• 25 Posts
  • 13 Reply Likes
Got tracking number earlier today, pickup confirmation and expected day of delivery from UPS. for my 6600M.  Thanks Flex for all your hard work.  
(Edited)
Photo of Cal Spreitzer

Cal Spreitzer

• 401 Posts
  • 93 Reply Likes
Now I'm waiting on an updated invoice!  First invoice sent to me Feb 6 did not list my credit for 6500 trade in they had since last June!  I've emailed Sales and Katie and also talked to Mike on the phone but no updated invoice yet... :-(   I'm sure they are plenty busy but the excitement is killing me. lol

Cal/N3CAL
(Edited)
Photo of K3SF

K3SF

• 245 Posts
  • 69 Reply Likes
hi Cal

On 30 Jan 2018 at 10PM EST, i had a similar issue where trade in not on invoice. i email Katie and Matt right away at night...i sent them the help ticket number with the RMA used for the trade in and within 10 minutes Katie had an update invoice for me which i then quickly paid...and that was at 8pm at night their time..

Those guys and gals are working their butts off to get us our radios , day and night..

agree...
i feel like a kid on christmas eve...
adn
hard to contain myself
and
just wondering when Santa_Flex will get here ;-))

best
Paul K3SF
Photo of Cal Spreitzer

Cal Spreitzer

• 401 Posts
  • 93 Reply Likes
My updated invoice has been received and paid!   I'm gonna take a swag and say my 6600 ships at the end of Feb.  Fingers crossed.  :-)

Cal/N3CAL 
Photo of Doug - W5WTX

Doug - W5WTX

• 27 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Received tracking number for 5/22/2017 6600M order today.  Nice Valentine Day present!

Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 976 Posts
  • 275 Reply Likes
Good news ! At least some from 5/22 are getting shipping notices!
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1091 Posts
  • 227 Reply Likes
Whats the deal. You were the first call of the morning for a 6600m. You should be getting a tracking number.
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 976 Posts
  • 275 Reply Likes
Maybe, I DID make the "Naughty" list after all!
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1091 Posts
  • 227 Reply Likes
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 976 Posts
  • 275 Reply Likes
:-)
(Edited)
Photo of FRED  W9TB

FRED W9TB

• 161 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
James, Looks like they are having a hard time getting the M models out the door.

Photo of Jim-KB1ZNV

Jim-KB1ZNV

• 36 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I have a 6600M on order (5/23/17) and it's now been 3 weeks since invoice date and still no shipment notice. Maybe they are having problems producing the 6600M. Hope that's not a bad sign. Katie in shipping told me a few days ago that it will be "sometime" this week. We'll see.
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1091 Posts
  • 227 Reply Likes
I don't think so. My 5/22 6600m shipped yesterday. There were others too.
Photo of vinnie

vinnie

• 8 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
I sent my 6500 back 8 months ago. Received my-trade in acknowledgement on 6/7/17. Last week received my invoice and paid it on 2/7/18. No further shipping information received. I spoke with Mike and he stated "it won't  be long for shipping of your radio". As usual you never receive any commitment on potential shipping time table. It seems they are shipping in piece meal. Although producing all radios not all models are flowing off the assembly line in any given order. One day they could be building the 6400 , while the next 24 hours the 6600m model might be on the production line. There doesn't seem to be any rational building plan executed in my opinion. Its like the roulette table at the casino. Every radio has an equal chance of coming off the assembly line. Unfortunately, we will never know the production schedule. One more caveat here is that Flex doesn't actually build the radio. A factory down the street is responsible for manufacturing. Flex just oversees the production of these units. 
(Edited)
Photo of Jim-KB1ZNV

Jim-KB1ZNV

• 36 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
The production schedule previously advertised last year that said the M models would come first obviously didn't happen and they seemed to lose control of the original production plan for some reason. Most of us still had faith they would somehow come through. Hopefully it will be worth it. Oh well. Maybe today will be the day.
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1091 Posts
  • 227 Reply Likes
They M radios coming first was because the front panels for non M radios would not be ready for the original "July August" shipping dates.  But since everything was delayed this was no longer and issue and they could ship all models.

It appears to me that they are gaining some momentum and are invoicing for radios ordered in June now. 

Sure hope so.
Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1300 Posts
  • 276 Reply Likes
Building the radios in batches by model and features (tuner or no tuner on 6400) is more efficient than doing it in order of sales date.

Dave wo2x
Photo of Gerald - K5SDR

Gerald - K5SDR, Employee

• 825 Posts
  • 1504 Reply Likes
Some of this will be repetition but let me provide some clarity on the process.  
  1. All models are shipping.  We are invoicing and shipping every day.
  2. The factory builds in batches by model number for quality control and to maximize efficiency.  Unfortunately, the flow from the factory does not necessarily match the exact backlog order sequence.
  3. This means that some orders will ship out of sequence.
  4. The "M" models require significantly more hand labor than the non-M models thus throughput is lower on those models.
  5. We are working with the factory to more closely align with our model backlog sequence but there is a practical limit when dealing with a batch manufacturing process.
  6. We are adding more internal resources to handle the peak loading on operations due to the large order backlog.  
We thank you for your patience as we catch up with the backlog over the next few weeks.  Unless you have a specific problem with your order we request that you minimize calls and emails so that the team can focus on shipping radios.  

Thanks and 73,
Gerald
Photo of Jim K4JAF

Jim K4JAF

• 361 Posts
  • 105 Reply Likes
Thanks Gerald for the update. 
Photo of Jim-KB1ZNV

Jim-KB1ZNV

• 36 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Received email from Mike today at Flex and he stated they were expecting a batch of 6600M's "very shortly" from the factory and it was his understanding that this meant this week. Let's hope.
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 999 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
Hope is all we got........
Photo of Gary Johnson

Gary Johnson

• 104 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
DOING A HAPPY DANCE  - my 6600M ordered 5/22 and invoice paid on 1/19/2018 shipped with tracking number today.
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1100 Posts
  • 231 Reply Likes
Congrats. I am hoping James is next !
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 999 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
Good news Gary! That means you're not on the Naughty List!
(Edited)
Photo of Gary Johnson

Gary Johnson

• 104 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
It took a bribe of a USB Stick with a video from Gerald's presentation to our radio club to get it.  The got the USB Stick today and they shipped today - coincidence???  I'll never say.  Matt Youngblood has been looking for it for a week.  My bet since I put in the lower left corner that it was Gerald's talk to HCARC that they delivered it straight to the boss, bypassing Matt to keep him in his place.  Hi Hi !!!
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 999 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
Sounds like a bribe to me! Whatever works! :-)
No ships here!
(Edited)
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1100 Posts
  • 231 Reply Likes
I heard they like red-bull and Cheetos.

Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 999 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
Now, that's an idea! Maybe tomorrow I'll Fedex them a case of each! I might get my radio before my buddy who ordered his last week!!!!
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1100 Posts
  • 231 Reply Likes
You need to make a list of what not to do for your buddy. Keep him off the naughty list.
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 999 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
Or, I could give him the wrong info and still manage to get mine this year!
Photo of Gary Johnson

Gary Johnson

• 104 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
As hard as they have been working to launch 5 new products they probably sit at their station hooked into an IV bag full of Red Bull.  In their defense, the pressure must be enormous.  I was order number 160 according to an email from Gerald a while back.  I wonder what the order total is up to now.
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 999 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
No idea. But, I will.tell you this much. They told me, and have stated here, they do not, ship in the order in which orders were received. Contrary, to what was told several months ago. So, even though I placed my order on 5/22/17, for a 6600M,(paid in full on 01/26/18) is no guarantee that others who ordered, the same radio at a later date, as evidenced by many posts here and on FRS's Facebook page, will not get their 6600M's after I do.
I have yet to receive a shipping notice or tracking number. So, as I've stated here and elsewhere, I must be on the Naughty List! Spending $5,000.00 plus makes no difference. So, don't get on the Naughty List if you can avoid it!!!!
Photo of Gary Johnson

Gary Johnson

• 104 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
i'll bet a can of Red Bull and a Bag of Cheetos that you get shipping info by Monday next week.  My order was also placed on 5/22 and paid on 1/19/18 and I got my shipping info today.
Photo of Jim-KB1ZNV

Jim-KB1ZNV

• 36 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Still waiting after over 3 weeks from invoice (ordered 5/23), but from what I see here, I take comfort that I'm not alone waiting for our 6600M's. Maybe I'm on the "naughty list" for emailing about my order. I probably got 2 demerits. 
Photo of FRED  W9TB

FRED W9TB

• 161 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
I am sure Matt knows my voice by now. I paid my invoice 2 weeks ago for 6600M.
Photo of vinnie

vinnie

• 8 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
 Matt knows my voice, breathing pattern and handshake too! The thread that continues to resonate is the fact radios are still missing in action after receiving payment. No further information is available from Flex after providing remittance on an individual basis from my own personal experience. Most of us are waiting in the manufacturing limbo line. “Flex goes a little lower you might be a limbo star." I did see about shipping Red Bull to Flex for gaining production output. Actually the only bull here are the inconsistent answers received and the generated false hopes that goes along with this Hodge-Podge production dance.   
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1100 Posts
  • 231 Reply Likes
This just surfaced from HamCation.

Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 505 Posts
  • 149 Reply Likes
James!  What did you do!?   :-)
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 999 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
Hey! Finally I'm number one at something!
But, hopefully, not number one like some four wheelers indicate to me when they pass me on the road because they think trucks don't belong on the same road as them! (they should be glad I'm not hauling their new Flex radio!)
Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 505 Posts
  • 149 Reply Likes
Well in my four wheeler book you guys are #1.  But it does drive my crazy when you guys think you can pull the hill in the left lane with a full load... Whats up with that anyway?  Is that just getting back at the 4 wheelers?  LOL

Also I am surprised James that you didn't try to line up a contract with FRS/UPS/FedEx to pull a load of 6400 and 6600s out of Austin and maybe have a small mishap on the way and 10 or so of them accidentally disappeared!  :-)

But knowing my luck one of the 10 would be mine.   sigh...
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 999 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
Passing on a hill loaded, even though slower than a car can do it, happens because the truck passing is trying to avoid loosing all his/her, momentum because of the even slower truck which could cause problems. In my case, my truck has a 750Hp CAT engine and passes slow trucks and cars on hills, mountains, and flat highways!
If I had a contract to haul FRS radios, I'd make sure you got yours.......for a fee!
Photo of Mark WS7M

Mark WS7M

• 505 Posts
  • 149 Reply Likes
Fee would be gladly paid!  LOL
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 999 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
As Gomer Pyle would say "surprise, surprise, surprise!"
I just.received my shipping notice and tracking number! Maybe, someone got tired of my jokes and whinning.
Sad thing is, I don't feel all that excited about it anymore. Maybe, I'm just getting old and cynical.
But, then again who knows? Once I unbox it and set it up and work the Bouvet Island DX pedition, that feeling of excitement will return!!!!!
James
WD5GWY
oh, and thanks to all here that posted encouraging words here and via email. It is appreciated.
I know Matt, Mike and others at FRS will be glad to not hear from me for a while!!
Photo of vinnie

vinnie

• 8 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Congratulation s on the new edition. Unfortunately, the fat lady isn't singing here yet on this Friday afternoon with a tracking number.
Photo of Rich McCabe

Rich McCabe

• 1100 Posts
  • 231 Reply Likes
The lack of excitement is because you are feeling less naughty.
Photo of Gerald - K5SDR

Gerald - K5SDR, Employee

• 825 Posts
  • 1504 Reply Likes
There is no "naughty list."  That is fake news.  ;>)

I met with the VP/GM and the production manager at the factory this morning to emphasize that we need their help to ship in the sequence of our order backlog.  They committed to more closely align final assembly and test to meet our needs and have already delivered some of the most needed models today.  I think we will see the models start to align better with demand starting in the next few days.   

If you have paid your invoice, there is nothing else you need to do.  You will receive a tracking number the day it ships.

Thanks,
Gerald
Photo of Gerald - K5SDR

Gerald - K5SDR, Employee

• 825 Posts
  • 1504 Reply Likes
@James
Nothing you did or said slowed things down or sped them up.
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 999 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
Thank you Gerald. Those statements I've made abought the Naughty List, were in jest. Mostly to relieve my feelings about the unknowns of this entire proccess. I never really felt there was such a list. Had I seriously thought that of FRS, I would have canceled my order long ago. I would not want to do business with a company that would do such a thing. I appreciate that some of the venting I, and others have done here (and were allowed to do) was not, hopefully taken other than just that, venting. I told Mike that one of the things I do like and expect from any company I do business with, is clarity. It goes a long way towards building trust and confidence between businesses and customer.
Thanks again and see you at HAMCOM.
James
Photo of FRED  W9TB

FRED W9TB

• 161 Posts
  • 59 Reply Likes
That a boy James enjoy the new rig. I have a friend that just got his 6600M and that hand mic sounds great right out of the box.

Do you think if I whine more I can get a tracking # ?

Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 999 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
Fred, I won't lead you astray. Maybe, maybe not!
Photo of Gary Johnson

Gary Johnson

• 104 Posts
  • 31 Reply Likes
Didn't I bet you a can of Red Bull and a bag of Cheetos that you would get a shipping notice before Monday.  Pay the bet directly to Matt or Tim though.  I hate Red Bull.
Photo of Jim-KB1ZNV

Jim-KB1ZNV

• 36 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Congrats ,James. Glad you finally made it. I guess it will be another week for me. Have fun.
Photo of James Whiteway

James Whiteway

• 999 Posts
  • 285 Reply Likes
Gary, I'll try to bring enough for both at HAMCOM in June! Oh, delivery, according to tracking, Monday by end of day. I'll be on my way to Arizona. So, next weekend I get tp play, FLEX radio!