Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Sharing my Flex-6500 using Smart SDR v3.0.19

13»

Answers

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Unsophisticated button pushing public that randomly populate the Flex booth at shows. They are phenomenal beta testers because if it’s possible to break something they will. So far my station has survived. Frankly you get what you’re willing /able to pay for For me, Since I travel so much, being able to seamlessly Operate remotely Was imperative and so I made the investment in station automation. Once the Station became remotely automated Extending to my friends to operate was trivial. I can’t speak for what others need Or are willing to invest in I guess my reaction to negativity is due to the fact I spent much of my life fighting being told it wouldn’t work or could not be done attitudes and then proving them wrong.
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Take a look at the thread "V3 - Smart SDR 2nd Pan Adapter Greyed Out"

Eric mentions that on a 6300 or 6400 - both have only 2 panadapters and 2 slices -  if a remote user is on then the resources the remote op is using will be unavailable to another op.  I wonder if you let 2 remote ops use that configuration then would the local op be out in the cold with no slice to use at all?

I asked the question "does that mean neither op can run split if a local and remote op (or 2 remote ops) are  on a 6300 or 6400 at the same time?" but haven't gotten a response yet.

It does seem from what I'm reading that on a 6300 or 6400 you give up split capabilities when another op is using a slice. Ouch!

Of course I could be completely wrong - I often am.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited April 2019
    You can certainly use the RIT and XIT to achieve split with one slice. If two people are connected to a 6300 or 6400 then the +RX button and Split button will be unavailable. If the station owner needs both to have split capability he can call Flex and talk to them about a trade-in towards a two SCU radio. As far as resources, on a single SCU radio both will share those resources. If they are on a multiband Yagi one can be on 15 and the other on 20 meters. Again manual tune amp, manual tuner then the remote op is at the mercy of the local op’s current operating band/freq. We’ve pretty much ran this topic into the ground. You get the idea that model radio, antennas, and accessiries will be limiting factor on how Flexible the operating will be. Let’s move on. Dave wo2x
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Some even put the radio ahead of their wife.
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    The local club has had the same discussion. Would like to convert to Flex so members don't have to go to the club station to operate. I can't find anything FCC about the radio owner being responsible, only the operator.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.