Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Shared Flexcontrol

Options
Tom
Tom Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
My Flex 5000 with Flexcontrol will share one computer with new Flex 6700. Can the the same Flexcontrol be used with Flex 6700? Tom, SP7WT

Answers

• Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Tom, Yes - but not at the same time. You can run PowerSDR and SmartSDR at the same time but which ever you run first will grab the FlexControl if it is so enabled. Stu K6TU
  • Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Which ever is started first will grab the FlexControl, there is not a good way to swap it , yet. I am sure someone will figure out a way to swap it.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Follow this procedure: Boot up with SmaratSDR first. Activate Flex Control Knob using the settings/general/ activate-deactivate control knob button. enjoy the knob on your 6000... Boot up your 5000 & PowerSDR. open Flex Control tab in PowerSDR and turn OFF auto-detect. This will keep PowerSDR from fighting with SmartSDR for control. To switch to the rig running PowerSDR: 1) Deactivate the knob in SmartSDR. 2) open the Flex Control tab in PowerSDR 3) Open to advanced mode. 4) Turn auto-detect on This should turn the knob over to control the rig running PowerSDR. It may take 10-15 seconds for the software to recognize the Control Knob. If it doesn't, cycle auto-detect off and on again. To return the knob to the 6000, reverse the procedure... 1) Turn off auto-detect in PowerSDR 2) Activate the Flex Control Knob in SmartSDR It if doesn't recognize the knob, cycle the button off and on in the SmartSDR setup tab. Simple, only takes a few seconds when you get the hang of it. I am using it with my 6500 and 1500. There may be alternative orders, but this is the one I have discovered that works. The bottom line is that you cannot have the knob activated in both SmartSDR and PowerSDR at the same time. You must toggle one off before you turn the other one on, and sometimes you have to toggle the new on off and on twice before it detects it. Good luck.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    P.S. I am using SmartCAT and DDUtil, but I DO NOT currently have the Flex Control Knob running through the DDUtil interface. Although it adds functions to the 6500, it also tends to make it more sluggish on my computer. I will play with it some more and see if I can get more things working on it...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.