Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

setting up wsjt-x again, close but not quite

Bill Speedie
Bill Speedie Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Setting up WSJT-X on a new computer after the last one crashed, I've gotten the "test CAT" and "test PTT" indicators to work but there is no transmit stream shown in the DAX panel (though it does say "streaming").  The receive side is working just fine and the TX indicator in DAX is blue.  I'm using the old TS-2000 settings shown in Tim's how-to page from a couple years ago.  I think I had this problem with the old PC and that it was fixed by changing just one setting, but I can't seem to remember what it was.  

This is on a 6500 with Win 10.

Thanks for any ideas,

Bill -- KA6T

Answers

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    You can use the FlexRadio 6xxx for the rig and Network Server 127.0.0.1:5002. The port may be different than 5002 for you. Look at the CAT for TCP: Port #### Slice: A to identify your setup.
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    Have you tried using Slice Master... simple and automatic.. works great
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    or you can just put in localhost:5002
  • mlstutler
    mlstutler Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Here is my configuration.  Note I am using socket 60001

• NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    If "Test PTT" causes the radio to key up, then you should be fine on this page of your configuration.  How about the "Audio" tab?

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Make sure DAX is enabled in the P/CW tab on right side in SmartSDR for Windows.

Dave wo2x

• NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    And, are you seeing the indicator in the DAX TX Sream panel showing that data is flowing in the channel?  The indicator should be moving up and down as the signal changes strength.
  • Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    In the "Settings" screen in WSJT-X, click the "Audio" tab. Is "DAX Audio TX" shown as the output sound card?

Craig, KØCF

• Bill Speedie
    Bill Speedie Member
    edited March 2018
    No, there is no indicator moving in the DAX TX Stream panel.  DAX Audio TX is selected as the output in WSJT, and the indicator is blue.  But when I hit MOX in SSDR there is no movement of the level or compression bars.  Still trying to figure out why...         Tnx for ur suggestions -- Bill, KA6T
  • K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Bill, 

There's no reason for the indicator to move in that case.  To test the full path, press the 'Tune' button in WSJT-X.  That will generate an audio signal into the DAX TX stream.  The indicator should move then. 

Even if the CAT connection isnt right, that tune button will give you an audio signal that will move the DAX TX indicator.  If it doesnt and the DAX TX button is blue, either you dont have the device selected (you do) or DAX needs a restart. 

Also, in the SmartSDR 'Radio Setup' dialog, select the 'Phone/CW' tab and enable the level meter during receive... that can be helpful in setting levels and for diagnostics.

Good luck!

--Don

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.