Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Setting up Remotehams access under v. 2.0

Gerry Jurrens
Gerry Jurrens Member
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am planning to purchase and install v. 2.0 next week. I have seen a lot of interesting posts on the board (some are downright frightening!). I was wondering if anyone has set up access to their 6xxx radios via RemoteHams.com? I did a search but there wasn't anything specific to v. 2.0 and most posts were a couple of years old. I'd be interested in a step-by-step "training aid" that outlines what needs to be done (if it's even possible). Thank you all in advance. 73

Answers

• David
    David Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Are you asking if remotehams.com RCForb server will work with the 2.0 release or just in general how to use RCForb server with the FlexRadio? I don't believe the 2.0 release impacts the remotehams RCForb server setup and use.
  • Gerry Jurrens
    Gerry Jurrens Member
    edited August 2017
    Thank you, David. Yes, I was asking "if remotehams.com RCForb server will work with the 2.0 release"  Exactly. Appreciate your taking the time to reply. 73
  • James Skala
    James Skala Member
    edited August 2017
    Yes it will, I'm am using it now. Remote is up and running KY4JLS
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The 6000 series does not need version 2 as RCFORB is it's own client / server software that just connects to the radio using DAX and CAT. 
    The older instructions on the WEB are still correct  to connect the radio to the computer and use it remotely just like ANY other sound card Software like FLDIGI ect.

I've been using RCFORB for many years now but on a FLEX 3000 not the expensive 6700 which works great.

good luck 
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Yes, RCForb will work just fine with your 6000 running v2.x.   RCForb doesn't really care what version of SmartSDR you are using as it connects via CAT.  I've used it for years and have had very good success with it.  You won't have a scope or waterfall, but you will have solid remote access to your 6000.  There are also a number of amplifiers, antenna matching units and rotors that RCForb is also able to control.  I have been using Elecraft the KPA500 and KAT500 for over 5 years and  have never had a single issue with it.

Have fun...
  • Gerry Jurrens
    Gerry Jurrens Member
    edited August 2017
    Thank you, Norm. I run into folks with 6xxx's on remotehams from time to time. I've never investigated how to run it on my station, but I'm very interested in doing it - you might say, I have a vested interest in getting it to work...I may be in a deed-restricted situation soon and will be looking for alternatives to stealthy flagpoles, etc.!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.