Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

setting up asus RT-AC3200 VPN for iPad remote access?

David Decoons, wo2x
David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
edited June 2020 in Third-Party Software

Hi All,

Has anyone been able to successfully set up the Asus RT-AC3200 (or any other Asus router with built-in VPN) to have their iPad using Stu's remote app access the Flex from a remote network?

Using PPTP VPN in the Asus router I can get the iPad app on remote network to see the radio but when I connect I get a black screen and then the connection times out.

I'm looking to have the Asus router provide the VPN server connection and not any software based solution.

Thanks

Dave wo2x

Answers

• Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017

Yes  I use this exact setup.  Youtube has some wonderful videos.  Also a pleasent surprise for Mac users is that this device emulates a time capsule 

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020
    so you are connecting with the iPad to the radio using Stu's app?
  • Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    edited February 2017
    Yes I am

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020
    Can you share your router settings? I can see the radio in the chooser screen on the K6TU remote app but when I select it I get a black screen and it fails. Thanks Dave
  • Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB
    edited February 2017
    Email me your phone number at KB5ZZB@gt.rr.com and I will call you and try to help. Lawrence
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    edited June 2020

Hi All,

I talked to Larry on the phone. The router settings were fine. The problem wound up being my home network and the LAN network on my cell that I was using as a mobile hotspot were both set to 192.168.1.x.

I changed the cell phone hotspot settings to 192.168.25.x and all is well now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.