setting up asus RT-AC3200 VPN for iPad remote access?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago

Hi All,

Has anyone been able to successfully set up the Asus RT-AC3200 (or any other Asus router with built-in VPN) to have their iPad using Stu's remote app access the Flex from a remote network?

Using PPTP VPN in the Asus router I can get the iPad app on remote network to see the radio but when I connect I get a black screen and then the connection times out.

I'm looking to have the Asus router provide the VPN server connection and not any software based solution.

Thanks

Dave wo2x

Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1056 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB

Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB

• 197 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes

Yes  I use this exact setup.  Youtube has some wonderful videos.  Also a pleasent surprise for Mac users is that this device emulates a time capsule 

• 1056 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
so you are connecting with the iPad to the radio using Stu's app?

Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB

• 197 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Yes I am

• 1056 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
Can you share your router settings? I can see the radio in the chooser screen on the K6TU remote app but when I select it I get a black screen and it fails.

Thanks
Dave

Lawrence Kellar KB5ZZB

• 197 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Email me your phone number at KB5ZZB@gt.rr.com and I will call you and try to help. Lawrence

• 1056 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes

Hi All,

I talked to Larry on the phone. The router settings were fine. The problem wound up being my home network and the LAN network on my cell that I was using as a mobile hotspot were both set to 192.168.1.x.

I changed the cell phone hotspot settings to 192.168.25.x and all is well now.