setting up a Beko VHF amplifier with a 6700

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Answered
This may be an odd question but I am confused, (as normal!!).
I have a Beko HLV-1400-LPD  (144mhz) amplifier arriving shortly, which I will use with the 6700 for EME.  I note that the amplifier has a built in sequencer, with its own pttt such as from a foot switch, then brings in the preamp etc and the 6700 last.

My question is , if I am using WSJT how does the ptt in the amplifier, control the flex6700 so that the 6700 starts transmitting after all the sequence has been actuated. Even though the 6700 will start automatically at the start of a minute.
The Amplifier has an "AUX" jack which is a delayed ptt function to control a transceiver, (about 200msec)  but what is the input to the 6700, and how does this tie in with the comport operation to start the 6700 transmitting in WSJT?

My apologies if my explanation is not very clear.

regards
Ross
ZL1WN
Photo of Ross Biggar

Ross Biggar

• 121 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2198 Posts
  • 849 Reply Likes
From what you have described I think you are looking for the TX REQ interlock, which is described in page 28 of the flex-6000 hardware manual. Basically it’s either activ high or active low. This will prevent transmission while active.

If you want a simple PTT where the sequencer will do the PTT, there is an external PTT jack at the back.

See the hardware manual:

http://www.flexradio.com/files/signat...

As far as WSJT goes, I’m not really sure how Beko takes the PTT Signal. If it has its own serial port then you can use that otherwise you’ll have to set PTT in WSJT to the sequencer and let the sequencer control everything.
(Edited)
Photo of Larry Davis

Larry Davis

• 67 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
i have 4 beko running with my 6700 you key the beko the beko turn off your preamp then you key your tranverter withthe aux on beko that way you will never blow a preamp
Photo of W2PP

W2PP

• 219 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
I'm curious, it looks like that amp needs FIVE watts of drive .....how did you get the Flex 6700 to drive it?  Did they offer an option for LD ??

Thanks
Peter
W2PP
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2198 Posts
  • 849 Reply Likes
They have a low drive option that takes +5 to +15dBm
Photo of W2PP

W2PP

• 219 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Thanks after a little noodling around I found that.....
Photo of Ria - N2RJ

Ria - N2RJ, Elmer

• 2198 Posts
  • 849 Reply Likes
4O3A also has a 2m amp they sent to Bouvet. Not sure if/when it will be in production.