Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Set-up DXlog.net contest software and PowerSDR 2.7.2 with CW Skimmer and DDutil

Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in New Ideas
I have succeeded in setting up PowerSDR, a  Flex 3000, with the free contest logging software DXLOG.net .  I have it interfaced with DDutil and Power SDR .  So, I thought I would describe my set up, just in case anyone else needs the info. 

I used VPS manager, created several pairs.

4-14
5-15
6-16
7-17
8-18
Not all are used for this project.

Here is the set up, not sure if all is needed , but here is what is working for me
POWERSDR
SETUP/ CAT CONTROL 
Port 16 , check box for ENABLE CAT

PTT CONTROL 
UNCHECK "enable PTT" (Note I said UN-check. why?  I don't know!)
PORT 4
RTS box checked
DTR box checked 
(I'm not even sure if I am actually using this section, but since it really **** things up when I first tried, I'm mentioning it here)

DSP tab in PowerSDR
then KEYER tab
PRIMARY=RADIO
SECONDARY = Com 17
PTT LINE = none
Keyline = DTR
Iambic and sidetone check boxes are also checked. 

DXLOG.net PORT CONFIGURATION

INTERFACE 7 enabled 
SETUP  DTR =CW RTS = ALWAYS OFF 
INTERFACE 8 enabled.  Radio 1. SETUP = RADIO=Kenwood 19200 baud, 8  N1
USE CAT PTT Command on Phone box is checked.  
DTR = CW RTS  PTT Radio 1.

I have DDutil set for port 6 (matching 16 for CAT in PowerSDR)
DDutil RCP 1 = COM 5 RCP 2 = Com 14 RCP3 =Com 18  (I'm not sure what is going on with port 17 but it is paired with 7 for CW work with DXlog and 17 in the PowerSDR DSP/KEYER box.  I guess it is paired via VSPM but not needed as part of a DDutil RCP.

I have CW Skimmer set for port 15 , using Sofrock-IF settings . Radio type is remember to set the powerSDR audio tab  Direct I/Q as "OUTPUT TO VAC" and have your VAC button active in PowerSDR. 

Andy K3UK

0 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Andy - if you have this written up in something like Word with screen shots (hint, hint), I can convert it to a HelpDesk HelpCenter article that will be searchable on both the HelpDesk and the Community.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.