Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

set up 1 6500 and 16600M on 2 IP locations want to use boty at same time

Leo K0LOT
Leo K0LOT Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
Have 2 remote stations one 6500 and one 6600M on 2 different IP locations can i have someone use one remote and I use the other if so do i need two separate Smart accounts. one of the remotes is in my home and would use a LAN in the home. The other is 2miles away and is on a separate cable Wan. I would like to use the home flex when someone is using the remote. Is this possible and do I need two Smart accounts.

Answers

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018

I have two 6500's and I operate them separately at the same time: One on my iPad, and the other on my computer using the same account. One 6500 is located 100 miles away and the other is here in the shack.

Jim, K6QE

• NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I don't think you need two SmartLink accounts, I think you simply need to register each of the radios in your SmartLink account, then pick the radio  you want to use when you connect to SmartLink from a remote location.  For someone else to use one of your radios (with your permission, of course) you'll have to give that person your SmartLink login credentials so he/she can log into the account.  As far as I know, it is OK for both radios to be active at the same time via SmartLink.

• Leo K0LOT
    Leo K0LOT Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Thanks looks like it will be easy to have both radios used at same time
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    Multiple radios can be associated with one SmartLink account.  Multiple SmartLink accounts can NOT be associated with one radio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.