Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Serial Port Needed

Options
I am in search of either a usb to serial or a PCI or PCIe serial card that supports all serial port pins and uses  12 volt on the pins. The reason for the request is I have a LDG 200PC tuner that I recently figured out why I was have issues with it.  Turns out the unit was designed to respond to -9 to +9 volts on the RTS line. Most newer serial ports do not support this voltage. Hooked it up to a old laptop with a single serial port and it work every time. I would like to get a port for my main computer Thanks Joe N7QPP

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Look at Startech.com, they have several different varieties of PCI-e RS-232 cards for good prices, Also Black Box but there stuff is more expensive, and I think SIIG make these cards.

You can also just build a level converter with a couple transistors a 7909L (-9V), 7809(+9VLV) voltage regulators, a AC wall wart, a  few electrolytic Cap's, a full wave bridge rectifier and perfboard one together.

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I bought on on Amazon. I think it was around $12 with, as I recall, a 5' cord.
  • Jon_KF2E
    Jon_KF2E Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    If you go the USB-Serial route and are using windows, I would stay away from converters using the Prolific chipset. There are many driver issues with these that aren't worth the aggravation. I always use converters based on the FTDI chipset. A little more money, but way more stable under windows.

Jon...kf2e

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.