Seperate the Maestro front-panel from the 6400M!!??? Now, this would be a KILLER!!!!!

• Idea
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Not Planned
I wonder if there might be a consideration for a way to remove the Maestro front-panel from the 6400M!!??? Now, this would be a KILLER!!!!! No other unit has this as a possibility!! Even if not, this sure looks attractive!!! I guess the logic is: - Buy a 6400 - Buy a Maestro - Use it as desired; Pick up and go as needed (Or) Position the Maestro on the op-desk - Best of both worlds, then... - BUT: The Maestro's screen resolution... (What other spec might suffer?) - Maybe the Maestro will be upgraded to the specs of the 6400M?? 73; Mike, K0JTA
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 12 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of David Livingston

David Livingston

• 114 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Barrett 4050
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 12 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Indeed!
-Mike-

??
Photo of Richard Hubbard

Richard Hubbard

• 27 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thats what I am planning to do; 6600 with a Maestro, lots of flexibility for all intents and purposes. Miss the bit in the specs where the Maestro's resolution is below that of the "M", why I wonder.
Photo of Mike

Mike

• 12 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Sounds good, Richard!  I am assuming that the Maestro will be upgraded, or this is my HOPE.  The lessor resolution of the Maestro is actually not that big of a deal, but it WOULD BE NICE...
73;  Mike, K0JTA
Photo of KF4HR

KF4HR

• 469 Posts
  • 131 Reply Likes
It does seem a bit odd a removable version of the Maestro couldn't have been designed to pop on and off the 6400/6600M.  Perhaps that will be the 6401/6601M models next year. 

In general I'm not sure what the new design provides, other than to compete with the looks of the   IC-7300.  The previously design of having a small black box to sit on the side somewhere, then buy a Maestro, PC, or other control device and use it as we wish made a lot more sense to me.      
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9032 Posts
  • 3431 Reply Likes
I am afraid that is not under consideration.