Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Sent CW decoding for practice purposes

Steve Killeen
Steve Killeen Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am trying to find a way to decode my sent CW from my paddle so I can review what I sent while practising with the Breakin set to off. 

Any ideas ? 

Thanks

Answers

• VE3DZP
    VE3DZP Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Good question Steve. What would happen if you took the audio (speakers) from your Flex and ran it to the line in on a computer running fldigi. You can turn the output down to zero watts play away. VE3DZP
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited February 2020
    I use a keyer to key my 6700 and listen to its monitor... simple and low tech hi hi
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    You might like a Morseirno-32. It's a little gadget used for Morse code training. A friend of mine is using his to improve his fist (or in his case paddle skill) at sending CW. I tried to include a link but ... Anyway, just open Google or YouTube, plenty of demo videos out there. It can do what you are asking help with.
  • Steve Killeen
    Steve Killeen Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Thanks all. Will try your suggestions. I need to brush up for my upcoming advanced level CW academy. I will try something with the DAX and fldigi...
  • Dave Garber
    Dave Garber Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    What happens if you turn off the vox. Should give you sidetone
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Here is a link https://youtu.be/YlP8YwX5tbM Also more CW training resources at the CWops website. Steve WA8Y #2289
  • Steve Killeen
    Steve Killeen Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Yes I get sidetone with the breakin off and I can hear my sending. I just wanted to get another way of verifying my sent code from a decoder. My KX3 had this option available. 
  • Steve Killeen
    Steve Killeen Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Thanks, I'm brushing up for my Advanced level in CWOPS. I have level 2 already.
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Morseino-32 is probably the best bet.  MFJ also offers a small CW decoder that you could use.  I think you'd have to look for one on eBay.

But all that being said, there is no substitute for getting on the air and practicing.  Our club:

Fort Collins CW

Has a Tuesday night roundtable on 7.118 at 8pm mountain time, or I think 3:00 UTC.

Feel free to join us!   We go at whatever speed people can work it and it is just a simple roundtable with back and forth exchanges.  If you want critiques on sending we will be glad to offer input but we make mistakes as well!

If you happen on that frequency on a Tuesday night and I hear us going away at 35 WPM plus, don't be scared away!.  Just break in at your comfort speed and we will slow down!

Mark - WS7M
  • Steve Killeen
    Steve Killeen Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Thanks Mark. Ya I'm going back and doing my daily sending drills I learnt in CWOPS. You are right about practice, practice, practice... Thanks for the club info. Will look into that.
  • bobby
    bobby Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    If u have an android phone there is a free morse code app that is great on decoding.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.