Selling my 6500 (SSDR v. 1.10.16) - $2100 shipped CONUS

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago

I'm selling my Flex 6500 - still running SSDR 1.10.16. I'm the original owner, bought it in February 2016. It's in perfect working order and in very good cosmetic condition. Comes with the Flex hand mike; no other options.

Will be listing on QRZ in the next few days.  Asking $2100. If the buyer can pick it up in the Denver area, I'll knock $100 off the price.

This was a delightful HF base radio and I was quite happy with it. I'm selling because I've moved from rural Virginia to a no-antenna HOA in Denver, and my future operating is going to be all mobile/portable. Much as I liked the 6500 as a base station, the lack of knobs and dials is a problem for a mobile radio.

Best way to contact me is email (N3JS AT rodentranch DOT com)

C. J. Shelton N3JS

Photo of C. J. Shelton

C. J. Shelton

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Jim Gilliam

Jim Gilliam

• 939 Posts
  • 218 Reply Likes

Sad that you can't borrow some QTH and set up your radio for remote operation. Once you get into the "groove" of remoting you no longer have that need to twist a knob. I have the same problem but fortunately have a cabin a hundred miles away that is feature rich with fir trees for rotatable dipoles. Good luck.

Jim, K6QE

(Edited)
Photo of Ned K1NJ

Ned K1NJ

• 316 Posts
  • 82 Reply Likes
     Maybe you ought to hang on to it for a little while.  A solution may surface, probably as soon
as you sell the radio.  Hang in there.  You're a ham, you're good at this stuff.

Ned,  K1NJ