Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Selecting Memory from the Menu crashes SSDR

PA2TA
PA2TA Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
After downloading SSDR v1.6 i wanted to do a clean install, so i powered down the Flex-6300 and did a complete uninstall of SSDR v1.5 as described in https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204975589-How-to-do-a-Complete-uninstall-of-SmartSDR-for-Windows-from-your-PC Next i rebooted the PC and installed SSDR v1.6 which went flawless. After switching the Flex-6300 back on, i hit the update button, the yellow bar slowly went up to 100%, but then, with the Power button on the Flex still flashing purple, nothing seemed to happen anymore. At first i thought it would take a little bit longer this time, so i left it for more than an hour before finaly quiting SSDR.

After power-cycling the Flex and restarting SSDR, the Flex shows up as normal and once connected everything works fine. That is, until i try to open the Memory from the Settings menu.
Every time i do that, SSDR throws an Unhandled Error (Index out of reach, it can't be negative and should be less than the size of the collection):

After hitting the OK button, a second Error message appears:

After hitting OK again SSDR crashes. This happens every time when i try to open the Memory menu. Powering down the Flex and disconnecting the DC power didn't not help nor did a "hard reset" by holding down the power button on start-up. I should mention that i never stored any memories before, so i presume the list (or database) contains no entries.

Would a downgrade to v1.5 and then upgrading again to v1.6 do any good?

Tjakko - PA2TA
Flex-6300

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Your memory file is corrupted.  I presume you did a backup of your profiles from 1.5.1.  If so, do a factory reset on the radio and then import your profiles and memories back into the radio.  The firmware is OK.  If it was corrupted, you would not get this far.

If the import does not work, I want to know and I will need a copy of the saved profiles, so please open a HelpDesk ticket so you can send us the information.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    I just re-read you post.  It looks like you did a factory reset and are still getting the crash.

Try this.  Close down SmartSDR.  
    In the Windows Search box, enter %APPDATA%FlexRadio Systems and select the folder.
    Delete a file called SSDR.settings
    Restart SmartSDR.

Did that help?
  • PA2TA
    PA2TA Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Tim, that did it!

Tjakko - PA2TA
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Excellent!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.