Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Seeking Flex 3000 or 5000 w/ ATU for New High School Ham Radio Club (Donation or Very Low$’s)

Rich WZ6K
Rich WZ6K Member
edited October 2018 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
Donation or Low Cost Sale of Flex SDR 3000 or 5000 (w/ATU) sought to be the primary radio for a fledgling high school amateur radio club. (Are their any in closets or storage unused....?) A group of eleven highly computer savvy high school students are committed to building a station around an SDR transceiver. I’m supporting their commitment as the club mentor/leader, so this is going to be a learning adventure for myself too. We have a 2M/70cm station, an portable/field HF QRP transceiver, and now over half of our club are General class licensees. We just had a GAP Titan DX donated, and the school has promised us a “cutting edge” desktop with multiple monitors to use with the SDR transceiver. Cosmetics aren’t important, functional performance IS. A tax deduction for “appropriate valuation” will likely be available if needed. Here’s your chance to make a difference in the lives of some high risk lives AND spread the joy, fun and educational value of amateur radio! I’m an AARP Registered Instructor, an active VE, retired AE licensee. Your kind consideration and generosity are GREATLY appreciated! 73 de Rich WZ6K

Answers

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I have a Flex 3000 with ATU . In working condition . You would need a FireWire card , do you have one ? Andy K3UK
  • Rich WZ6K
    Rich WZ6K Member
    edited October 2018
    Hello Andy, the school’s IT tech has promised us “top line PC and support). I’m certain that we can get a FireWire PCi Card and cable for the computer. That would be the least issue for us. It’s been a bit of a challenge building this club. Honestly, these kids know are WAY more computer savvy than I am. I’m being pulled along for the ride :-) Rich WZ6K
  • Rich WZ6K
    Rich WZ6K Member
    edited October 2018
    Andy, thanks once again for your kind response. I just got confirmation that the desktop “has open slots for FireWire Card and installation of same by staff is a 10 minute process, I will order one as soon as you advise specs and cable requirements.” Rich WZ6K
  • Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    OK, please contact me at k3ukandy@gmail.com and provide me of the school details and their tax status.
    Andy K3UK
  • Rich WZ6K
    Rich WZ6K Member
    edited October 2018
    Hi Andrew, I asked the Asst Principal to contact you directly. Again, many thanksgiving!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.