Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDRSmart IOS can be use on MacBook Pro?

YV5WZ
YV5WZ Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Dear Friends 

I wonder if SmartSDR works on MacBook Pro,
can't find it on Apple Store when I look for it
I do from my iPhone and iPad but MacBook pro 

Any Idea

Thanks 

George, PY3ZZZ / YV5WZ

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited December 2019
    Here you go for the software.

No, you can't run Phone apps on their desktop

https://dogparksoftware.com/dogparkSDR.html
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks a lot Michael

Appreciate your expertise advise

Thanks

George
  • K1DLM
    K1DLM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    George - you have a couple of options. You can run SmartSDR on a Mac using a windows emulator (Parallels or VMWare). Alternatively, as Michael proposed, you can use the native MacOS DogPark SDR application, which is excellent. 73, Dave K1DLM
  • Art - N4QNT
    Art - N4QNT Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    It’s a great program and worth the $95
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    May I suggest that you add three more pieces of software: xDax, xCat and Loopback. These are all essential pieces of software to use a Flex with a Mac. Loopback (not free) together with xDax provides DAX / Audio services for you, and xCat provides CAT services. xCat and xDax are free software kindly created and shared by Mario Illgen (dl3lsm@googlemail.com). Ted VE3TRQ
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks David! I think
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Ted

thanks!
    where I look for them?

George
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hi George. xDax / xCat can be had at https://dl3lsm.blogspot.com/ Loopback is at https://rogueamoeba.com/loopback/ (they have a free trial that eventually injects noise).
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Another vote for DogparkSDR.  I use it remote all the time.
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Sadly remote is not an option.... :(
    yellow light on HUD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.