Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDRs do help in contesting

Greg
Greg Member ✭✭
Got a surprise in the mail today even though I have been off the air for awhile.  Received a 1st place cert in WWA for the 160M ARRL contest.  :)  SDRs are a big aid in finding stations you may have otherwise missed.

Comments

• Tim Hill - KI6LSB
    edited November 2015
    Hi Greg, 

I am getting ready for the SSB Contest tomorrow and Flex 6500 is definitely a game changer.

Tim - KI6LSB

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Have fun Tim!  If you are not having fun you should be doing something else. :)
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Way to go, Greg!  I don't think I will be doing the ARRL SSB Sweepstakes.  And I was busy last weekend for that contest.  I'm saving up my points for the CQWW CW next weekend, I hope!
  • Tim Hill - KI6LSB
    edited November 2015
    Great job Greg!!!
  • Greg - K5GJ
    Greg - K5GJ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Congrats Greg! I agree these FLEX-6000s are "da Bomb" for low band contesting. Found this in the mail this week too.... 73, Greg - K5GJ image
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    That makes three 160 Meter section champions for Flexers so far!
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Tim .. how do you do that across screens... ??

• Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Nice job Greg. Same category too.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Greg,
    Great to see you back on the forum. I asked about you several months back; and here you are again. Welcome back.
    And congratulation on the 160m contest award.
  • Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    It looks like 2 monitors side by side stretched across one another to monitor most of the band.
  • Tim Hill - KI6LSB
    edited November 2015
    Hi Simon, I have a Duel Video card in my Computer that let's me do that, I can see the whole band at one time.

Tim - KI6LSB
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Never left it...like to see how things are progressing. Thanks!
  • Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    ahh so you simple extend the screen??  I thought you had something clever going on .. I saw some software mentioned that managed the extension better .. thanks for the info Tim .. good luck in the contests!

• Phil M0VSE
    Phil M0VSE Member ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    For computers without multiple monitor outputs, there is the Matrox DualHead2Go/TripleHead2Go range, It appears to the PC as a single screen (very wide) so you can connect up to 3 monitors. I have used them a few times and they work well. Better than the USB video adaptors that can be quite laggy.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Congrats champs!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.