Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR Monitor hiding on my screen

Johan _ SE3X
Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Love SDR Monitor! but recently it has started driving me nuts .. It connects and show up in the tray. But not visibel on the screen. Updating the screen makes no difference and it just disapers.

Been re-installing it several times, no luck. It's there, sometimes it shows a glimpse and then disaper again. I bet it some simple solution having to do with Windozs .. But just can't figure it out. No luck reading the manual nor Googling or searching in the community. W10 Pro, 2x24" AOC monitors.

Comments

• Richard Zalewski
    Richard Zalewski Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    You might check windows display settings to be sure you are not set up for multiple monitors.
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hey Richards, I'm using, as I wrote 2 x 24" monitors, in Windoz settings it says in Swedish what I believe in English version would be something like Extend screens.

It's been working before, so could you be a bit more specific Please?

• Richard Zalewski
    Richard Zalewski Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Go into display settings and change it to show only on 1.  It should then be on your main display.
  • Johan _ SE3X
    Johan _ SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Well I tried all four settings, no change, no SDRMonitor to be seen. Guess I have to live without it, sad sad day in that case. Really usefull little toll, will be sadly missed ..

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Sometimes with certain Windows programs (WSJT-X and others) I have had a program stop working but remain in the background, unseen.  If I tried to open it again, nothing would happen, or I would get an error.

I have had to go into Task Manager and find it and force it to close before I cold run it again.

Perhaps this will help?

I know you have uninstalled and installed it, but perhaps something got "stuck" and needs manually closed?  Or perhaps after starting it, you can check it in Task Manager and see if it is still running or if it closed itself for some reason. You might be able to manipulate it from Task Manager....

I'm just guessing here because I have never used SDRMonitor.

Ken - NM9P
  • DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Hi,

had the same problem. 

Close the program
    De-install it
    Remove program Folder

and

go to your hidden AppData folder under windows:

e.g.:

"C:Usersdl4rcAppDataRoamingRNA Software"

Delte the SDRmonitor folder.

Re-install it.

Works again :)

Volker, DL4RCE

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.