Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR-Bridge V3 with SPOT support available now. Works with v3.0.19!

Ed - W2RF
Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
edited July 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows

CW Skimmer and SmartSDR V3 users:

The first public beta of SDR-Bridge V3 is available for download. This version has been tested with SmartSDR v3.0.19.

http://www.qrv.com/download/SdrBridgeV3_v3.0.1_beta_setup.exe

NEW in this version: SPOT support for CW Skimmer, Skimmer Server, and Internet clients.

This is a new install in addition to the previous version. SDR-Bridge V3 only works with the new SmartSDR V3. The previous version only works with older SmartSDR software like v2.4.9. You can switch between versions at any time. Just be sure to use the one that matches the software version on your radio.

Enjoy!

73 Ed W2RF

Comments

• Ed
    Ed Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Hello Ed
    I have gotten it got it installed, having a few problems, have skimmer 2.1 up seeing stations on slice A and decoding them. Can not click on a call sign or scroll or drag the frequency in Skimmer? Is there any change to set up?
    I must have something set wrong.....TU...Ed
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi Ed:

Does it continue to support V2? 

Kev
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    The V3 version only works with V3 of SmartSDR. The older version of SDR-Bridge should be used with V2 of SmartSDR. Both versions of SDR-Bridge can be installed at the same time. Just use the appropriate version.

73 Ed W2RF
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Hi Ed,

I've replicated what you are seeing. Will have a fix for it shortly.

Thanks for testing,

73 Ed W2RF
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I have it running.  Can someone tell me correct settings?  The audio is about 10khz low on CW Skimmer compared to the actual frequency and also if I change frequency via Skimmer it waits a few seconds and changes back. If I change it via SmartSDR the frequency stays.

I have been running slicemaster so dont have any experience with this.
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Rich,

This is the first beta of support for V3. It's probably not settings.Synchronization is the core of the program and has been working without problem for years. Something has crept in while adapting for V3.

I am tracking it down and will have a fix as soon as I can.

Thanks for testing!

73 Ed W2RF
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019

Thanks for testing, and your patience!

It’s amazing what damage a single stray line of code can do! It crept in after most of my tests, and wreaked havoc with skimmer synchronization. Sorry about that. Moving on:

The second public beta of SDR-Bridge V3 is available for download. This version has been tested with SmartSDR v3.0.19.

http://www.qrv.com/download/SdrBridgeV3_v3.0.2_beta_setup.exe

Enjoy!

73 Ed W2RF

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thanks Ed,  I dont know if this is related but there is a pretty decent pause in the frequency sync when changing frequencies too.Can take a few seconds for the radio and or skimmer follows.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    This version is looking promising Ed!

Rich

• W9TVX
    W9TVX Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Downloaded and installed V3. I'm struggling with setting up the spot functionality. I'm trying to use the internet sources. Do I put in the hostname of a DXCluster node? 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.