Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR-Bridge v3.1.0 update available now!

Ed - W2RF
Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Third-Party Software
An update for SDR-Bridge V3 is available now at http://www.qrv.com/sdrbridge.

Changes to SDR-Bridge include:
    • Improved updating of the display when changing stations.
    • Attempt to improve removing of CW Skimmer ghosts that interfere with proper startup. (Please let me know of any startup problems.)
    • The Quickstart guide has been updated. Thanks, Al NN4ZZ!

Enjoy!

Ed / W2RF

---

For Skimmer Server and RTTY Skimmer Server users:

The revamped v3.1 driver now will run both CW and RTTY skimmers simultaneously. To set this up:

Configure each of the two skimmers for the number of desired bands. The total should not exceed the available channels.

• Configure the two skimmers to use different telnet channels.
    • Make sure enough panadapters have DAX IQ assigned and are not active in the DAX app. (The DAX app doesn’t need to be running.)
    • In SmartSDR, if running multiple stations, assign PTT to the station you don’t want to run the skimmers. Typically SmartSDR running on a PC would host the skimmers with up to 4 channels, and a Maestro would be the PTT client. (If running on two PCs it is possible to have up to 6 skimmers. The setup currently requires a special filter.txt file. Let me know if you want to try that.)
    • Start the skimmers! Order doesn’t matter. (As usual the panadapter center frequencies will be locked for skimming.)

Comments

• Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Ed, Thanks for improving the bridge. I am not near my radio so cannot try. Here is a question. The last I tried it the panadapter was frozen to the center frequency and when I moved the frequency too far away, I did not have any visibility on the listening frequency. Panadapter and waterfall were showing a window that did not include the current slice frequency. Is that something that works differently now? Andy KU7T
  • John - K3MA
    John - K3MA Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    There seems to be a problem launching the pDF CW Skimmer Quickstart guide.

• Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Andy,

SDR-Bridge and CW Skimmer do not lock panadapters, and never have.

The Skimmer Server and RTTY Skimmer Server driver locks associated panadapters to a frequency designated by the host configutation files. Use an additional panadapter for your slices. for example, use SSDR panadapters for the skimmers, and Maestro for interaction.

Ed / W2RF
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Hi John,
    I’m not aware of the issue  launching the guide on the QRV web page but it is also available on my web page at:

http://nn4zz.com/Data/NN4ZZ%20CwSkimmer%20Bridge%20setup%2019-Feb-2020.pdf

Regards,  Al / NN4ZZ

• Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    The link is fixed. Thanks for the report.

Ed / W2RF
  • Hi,

Been using sdr-bridge v3 with much pleasure up untill recently. Maybe looks like a recent windows update is responsible for it not starting up anymore at all. Anyone else experiencing this on windows 10?

regards and greetings,
    Leo de Blaauw - PA1LDB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.