SDR-Bridge v3.1.0 update available now!

• Praise
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • (Edited)
An update for SDR-Bridge V3 is available now at http://www.qrv.com/sdrbridge.

Changes to SDR-Bridge include:
    • Improved updating of the display when changing stations.
    • Attempt to improve removing of CW Skimmer ghosts that interfere with proper startup. (Please let me know of any startup problems.)
    • The Quickstart guide has been updated. Thanks, Al NN4ZZ!

Enjoy!

Ed / W2RF

---

For Skimmer Server and RTTY Skimmer Server users:

The revamped v3.1 driver now will run both CW and RTTY skimmers simultaneously. To set this up:

Configure each of the two skimmers for the number of desired bands. The total should not exceed the available channels.

• Configure the two skimmers to use different telnet channels.
    • Make sure enough panadapters have DAX IQ assigned and are not active in the DAX app. (The DAX app doesn’t need to be running.)
    • In SmartSDR, if running multiple stations, assign PTT to the station you don’t want to run the skimmers. Typically SmartSDR running on a PC would host the skimmers with up to 4 channels, and a Maestro would be the PTT client. (If running on two PCs it is possible to have up to 6 skimmers. The setup currently requires a special filter.txt file. Let me know if you want to try that.)
    • Start the skimmers! Order doesn’t matter. (As usual the panadapter center frequencies will be locked for skimming.)
Photo of Ed - W2RF

Ed - W2RF

• 262 Posts
  • 77 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Andy - KU7T

Andy - KU7T

• 277 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Ed,
Thanks for improving the bridge.

I am not near my radio so cannot try. Here is a question. The last I tried it the panadapter was frozen to the center frequency and when I moved the frequency too far away, I did not have any visibility on the listening frequency. Panadapter and waterfall were showing a window that did not include the current slice frequency. Is that something that works differently now?

Andy
KU7T
Photo of Ed - W2RF

Ed - W2RF

• 262 Posts
  • 77 Reply Likes
Andy,

SDR-Bridge and CW Skimmer do not lock panadapters, and never have.

The Skimmer Server and RTTY Skimmer Server driver locks associated panadapters to a frequency designated by the host configutation files. Use an additional panadapter for your slices. for example, use SSDR panadapters for the skimmers, and Maestro for interaction.

Ed / W2RF
(Edited)
Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 411 Posts
  • 143 Reply Likes
There seems to be a problem launching the pDF CW Skimmer Quickstart guide.

Photo of Al / NN4ZZ

Al / NN4ZZ

• 1885 Posts
  • 700 Reply Likes
Hi John,
I’m not aware of the issue  launching the guide on the QRV web page but it is also available on my web page at:

http://nn4zz.com/Data/NN4ZZ%20CwSkimmer%20Bridge%20setup%2019-Feb-2020.pdf

Regards,  Al / NN4ZZ
Photo of Ed - W2RF

Ed - W2RF

• 262 Posts
  • 77 Reply Likes
The link is fixed. Thanks for the report.

Ed / W2RF