Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR Bridge 1.1.3

Chris DL5NAM
Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭
Same time as SSDR 1.4 Release:

SDR Bridge 1.1.3

Compatibility with CW and RTTY Skimmer Server for SmartSDR 1.4

Thanks also to Ed W2RF for his work

Comments

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Ed
    I am seeing a Busy on Some of my IQ Streams indicating that the stream is in use by another computer..

On one computer IQ Streams 3 and 4 turn blue and are streaming.

On the second computer all 4 streams are yellow

However I only have one computer in use at a time

Also DAX IQ seems to default to 48000 no matter where it is set to

Don't think it relates to two computers running as the condition of only two IQ Streams (3 and 4 Blue and Streaming) appeared when I only had one computer in the network with SSDR/ DAX 1.4

BTW I am posting it here because it is likely not an SDR Bridge Issue
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Fixed by doing removing power from 6700.. complete reboot of everything
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Howard, does DAX IQ still revert to 48k after your reboot? I've the same problem here with DAX,
    want to have 96k there for CW Skimmer...
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Yes It did the first time Need to reboot to confirm
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Howard, I rebooted just now. Nothing changed. But I found
    that changing my profile would cause DX to change it's
    settings back to 48k, although it isn't possible to save
    DAX settings in a profile (That would be a good idea, though...)
    I think that a profile change or even a band change causes
    DAX settings to change, because the DAX channels are saved
    in a profile.
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The reset fix is sometimes needed when moving to 1.4, glad it worked for you. There are a couple of other DAX IQ related things that didn't get into 1.4.

First, the panadapters don't persist IQ assignments. The workaround is to use profiles.

Second, the DAX Control Panel doesn't persist but resets stream rates to 48kbps.

Third, if you shut down SmartSDR with DIV enabled and also multiple DAX IQ channels enabled, there might be a No Data indication on the DAX Control Panel when restarted. The workaround for this is to disable DIV, exit and restart SSDR.

Let me know of any further questions or anomalies. Thanks!

73 Ed W2RF
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Ed & Tim,
    I noticed the DAX issues also.   They worked better in V1.38 although the stream rate would occasional default to 48K..

Should we open a separate "problem" post for them to be sure they get on the bug list?

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    This is a know issue and we have a defect in our bug tracker to address it
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    No, they are on the list.
  • Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Tim,
    Thanks, hopefully we can get them in a V1.4.x point release rather than wait for the V1.5 update.   It just a few more settings but something I have to do every time I start up now.  The DAX issues are very repeatable for anyone that is a regular user of CW Skimmer.  

(I would be glad to volunteer for the A-team if you need a CW only user )

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Re: DAX IQ stream speed resetting: Do we need to use windows sound mixer settings to set one or two IQ streams properties to 96,000 like we do with the regular DAX channels for maximum performance? If we need to and have not, could DAX be reading the streaking speed from the properties stored there and reverting? Just a theory I plan on checking out this evening when I get back to my shack....
  • Ed - W2RF
    Ed - W2RF Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Both ends of the DAX IQ audio devices properties should be set to 192khz. The setting there doesn't affect the control panel setting.

73 Ed W2RF
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    @Ken - the default is set for 192k, 24-bit, 2-channel which is the max sample rate the DAXIQ channel can stream.  All of the other settings are even divisors of that sampling rate so all is good.  It is the non-even divisionable sampling rates that cause issues.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.