Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR 3.1.11 . Upgrade

Options
Thurman Williams  Jr
Thurman Williams Jr Member ✭✭
edited August 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Did the upgrade today on my new 6400M. Everything was going good the rig shut down to reboot and then didn't reboot on the PC screen the update bar continued all the way to the right and completed . .Still indicating update in process and the Rig did not reboot ..I reached up and turn the rig back on the update completed ..all is working fine.. Reloaded the Q5 Signal Transverter protocols. Everything worked well. Went into the other room updated the Maestro A model. Everything works well 160m to 2m....Thank you flexradio.. everything went smoothly . Except for one little hiccup of not rebooting on its own.. looking forward to an update on the antenna tuner. Thank you once again from a very satisfied Flexradio customer..Jr..KO4OO

Comments

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    While updating I learned something that was causing a problem with a Cold Start. The radio had three Red Flashing light indicating the radio would not reboot. The upgrade had gone fine and was functional before doing a Cold Start. I thought it must have been caused by the update. After trying to restart 3 times and doing another Cold Start the radio still would not boot. UGH. Then I did a Cold Start but unplugged the radio from the power supply. The radio took off and worked perfectly. The supply voltage to the radio must be ZERO to get a clean shut down and Cold Start. When I had shut down the supply the red blinking light had dimmed and went out. I had left PS off for a minute or two but apparently still had enough voltage to corrupt the radio booting. My Power Supply is a 50a Aston supply that is NOT a switching supply. A great supply and does not bleed down as fast as maybe a switcher may. My lesson learned is UNPLUG the radio when restarting a radio Cold Start (radio reboot). I did not do a reset to the Flex default as I didn’t want to loose any of my settings. That said I did loose my connection with my PGXL. The Flex did not show the PA applet, only the 100 watt radio. I had to go to the PGXL Utility and in the Tools Icon and Flex tab I had to just hit the Save button. The setup was fine but the radio did not see it until I Saved it, probably recreating the linkage. Did not have to reboot radio or PGXL Utility. Hope this helps others as it took some trial and error to figure this out. 73 Bill W9JJB
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options

Just have to say waiting almost 9 months for a few bug fixes is just SAD!

And BTW I hope these bug fixes are offered to V2 users as well.

I sure hope we don't have to wait 9 more months for some real improvements to SSDR.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    This was an maintenance release that had a few really pressing problems, the most notable is the correction made for SD card problems. Tim said that the SD card change will be coming in a release for V2 as well. And I also Hope there is a general release coming with other things soon.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options

Well all we can do is wait and see but I must admit I'm starting to loose hope that we will ever see the 6000 series platform live up to it’s full potential and all the things we hoped for before it’s too late.

Today’s Date 05/03/2020
  • Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I thought Flex didn't discuss what was going to be included in future releases?

Did he mention any other features/fixes that would be included?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    No, the question of the SD card was asked about, Tim only said that just like the V3 maintenance release, there will be one for V2 to correct the problem.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.