Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SDR 2.4.9 ....your experience so far

YV5WZ
YV5WZ Member ✭✭
Hello to all Dear Friends

Long time without upload a post; not even much radio, my 6600 has been off during many weeks.

Around a month ago I was notified about new SDR version 2.4.9.....some e-mails notification from this community have arrived to my inbox, some of them complaining about this new version.

I confess I have not installed yet

What's your experience with SDR 2.4.9 so far?

Thank you so much for your opinion

George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    As we know, it is always good to install the latest version because of the performance tweeks made under the hood.
    For me, the only thing I have had trouble with is the record and playback feature is not working correctly. Flex said that this will be fixed in the next update. The way I use my radio that is about the only thing I notice.
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hey Bill!!
    Good hear from you,
    Thanks for your comment!!  I appreciate it

George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ
  • WQ2H - Jim Poulette
    edited March 2020
    The upgrade was mostly transparent to me. I noticed no glaring bugs (although I don't do much recording / playback). It's been running 24/7 since the upgrade with no issues. I have the Inrad mic, so it was nice having a stock profile added to the list for comparison. Here's the initial release notes:
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/smartsdr-v2-4-9-now-available

Good luck George !
    Jim, WQ2H

• Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    No problems, works well and I am very happy with it!
    My 6700 has always had the latest up grade and only once did it ever had a hic up; several years ago.
    Try it !
  • FRED  W9TB
    FRED W9TB Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    If you have Dax on Vox will not work.
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Nice to know. I thought I was using it wrong, record/play.
  • larry plumb
    larry plumb Member
    edited November 2018

George

I initially had some difficulty with the install not realizing the Flex radio did not have an internet connection whereas the computer did-- once I figured that out and paid $199 to upgrade from version 1 all went well and I like it
    Larry
    WA2TLY
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    installed it without consequence.
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Thank you so much Jim!! 
    I will give my try today
    I dont really use recording  / Playback so I think I can wait for bugs to be fix it on next version

Have a great Sunday

George
  • YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hey Ernest!!... How are you my friend?

Thanks for your advise!...I will upgrade on Sunday

Have a Wonderful Week!!

George
  • James Whiteway
    edited November 2018
    Installation went smoothly. I even got brave and got FT8 working. (receive only for now) My one and only complaint........everyone knows, the ANF not working like it should. But, other than that one big nit(for me) it has worked flawlessly.
    james
    WD5GWY

• YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Well Im actually fighting with installation my flex stayed on purple light...not downgrade possible
  • Ernest
    Ernest Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    George,
    You may be downloading from the wrong area. Warning "Do not use the one that has a number 1 pointing down inside of the cloud." Now I see why you may be having a problem. 
    Go to the same area for downloading, however, download the one that said SSDR for Windows. Download Now.
    Download the latest version.
    Download Installer.
    That should work. That one worked the 1st time. 
    The one inside of the cloud, I had to keep deleting from my hard drive. It worked but with issues; I kept trying, until I decided to try SSDR for Window.

• YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hello Ernest

Finally I finished installation
    Cant say it was "smooth" installation

I had to downgrade, perform a hard reset (white light) Twice

Flex back to life with previous version, and after checked all was good,  got back to upgrade....

purple light came again and not flex connection was possible, instead of software showed my flex was connected

Powered off all (pc included) for  2-3 minutes, re-started PC, flex 6600 and SmartSDR......everything went just right,,,,no problem yet

I did two contacts on FT8 (40-20 mts)

looks good so far, haven't try SSB cause I'm cold with sore throat, guess I will do on week end

Ernest Thanks for your words and advises

George, YV5WZ / PY3ZZZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.