SDR 2.4.9 Install went perfect on my 6400M

• Praise
  • Updated 2 months ago
Just a short note to compliment the Flex team -- at least on my setup the upgrade to V2.4.9 wen perfectly, both on the PC version of Smart SDR and in the rig firmware.  Took less than 5 minutes.  Thanks!  de Roger W6VZV
Photo of Roger J. Buffington

Roger J. Buffington

• 148 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Doug

Doug

• 112 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
This firmware has a problem in that if you have your DAX on your VOX won't work.
Photo of FRED  W9TB

FRED W9TB

• 141 Posts
  • 54 Reply Likes
Hard to believe   VOX and DAX not working together got by the testers :(
(Edited)
Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1208 Posts
  • 248 Reply Likes
I guess some Alpha members use foot pedals (I do). Haven’t used vox in over 20 years.

Dave wo2x
Photo of Roger J. Buffington

Roger J. Buffington

• 148 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Good to know.  I was simply commenting that the install of the upgrade went fine.  I thought others might be encouraged to know that.  de Roger W6VZV
Photo of Steven Linley

Steven Linley

• 246 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
After one failed attempt, I am still staying away.
I like V2.3.9 and it does everything I need and want.
I don't want to upgrade until it is working.100%.
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3000 Posts
  • 660 Reply Likes
Good to hear Roger,, this is something that Flex does so well is painless upgrades,,how ever there are some who still seem to have a lot of problems...lol

Over the last 3 years I have NEVER had a failed upgrade. And It looks like all the things they did under the hood in this one has improved things.
Photo of Paul

Paul

• 480 Posts
  • 145 Reply Likes
Bill, I have not upgraded - could you elaborate? Exactly what areas have the "under the hood" changes improved? Thanks.
Photo of Doug

Doug

• 112 Posts
  • 33 Reply Likes
color S-Meter and a VOX that doesn't work if you have DAX toggled on
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 3000 Posts
  • 660 Reply Likes
Paul, if you read the change log it list most things worked on or corrected. Every update has many things done to improve the radio.
Photo of Paul

Paul

• 480 Posts
  • 145 Reply Likes
I thought they implemented the changes detailed in the change log plus other subtle tweaks "under the hood" which aren't mentioned explicitly. My misunderstanding Bill, I thought perhaps you had some inside knowledge of what those might be.
Many thanks.
Photo of Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts

• 222 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes
Mine went perfectly, as usual.
Photo of WQ2H - Jim Poulette

WQ2H - Jim Poulette

• 122 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Easy upgrade here as well - as Roger said, took me about 5 minutes.
Jim, WQ2H
Photo of Burt Fisher

Burt Fisher

• 1105 Posts
  • 383 Reply Likes
After the upgrade I can transmit my recordings but can't hear them 

WQ2H - Jim Poulette

• 122 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Seems to work here (at the moment) - no clue why. I did notice I had to turn up the MON level a lot higher then normal.
Photo of Burt Fisher

Burt Fisher

• 1105 Posts
  • 383 Reply Likes
It works most of the time if I engage MOX but no sound if I try to play the recording with the mike button pressed. How do you make the other buttons on the mike work?
Photo of Bill -VA3WTB

Bill -VA3WTB

• 2998 Posts
  • 660 Reply Likes
To transmit your recording you have to use the dax button, that hole systom is not working correcty I think, Something happened when they made dax changes in the latest update.

WQ2H - Jim Poulette

• 122 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
It never worked with my old Yaesu MB200A8X, but when I got the Inrad - hooked everything up, and it seemed to work fine. With the M629 you push 'talk' (the only button on it) - then play your recorded message (DAX on, PROC off, EQ on, w/ mic level about 85).