sdr-1000 and Ukrainian 2-meter transverter?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
I want to add 2-meters capability to my Flex 1000..., but the DEMI 144-28 transverter is EXPENSIVE. I found a transverter board from the Ukraine http://transverters-store.com/144mhz.htm , also available on EBay, and was wondering if it could be made to work properly.
Photo of Richard Knack

Richard Knack

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of pa0bie

pa0bie

• 152 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
The Ukraine transverter will work.  I have the feeling that DEMI no longer excist. I ordered something more tha a year ago and did not even get a confirmation. Also no responds on e-mails's.
Photo of Steve (N9SKM)

Steve (N9SKM)

• 198 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
I had email corespondence with them mid december 2015.
Photo of Larry Davis

Larry Davis

• 67 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
if your looking at transverter you get what you pay for
Photo of Steve (N9SKM)

Steve (N9SKM)

• 198 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes

There was an article somewhere online that if you turn the power down these things are actually pretty clean, Of course then you need an amp which is just another way to dirty up the signal.

I agree you get what you pay for but i have been concidering one of these to play with a bit before steppping up to DEMI or Elecraft for my planned satellite station.

Photo of Gary F

Gary F

• 19 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Mine works great on a 6300. Make sure that you get a large enough heat sink for the power FET. Look on Ebay for the heat sink.
Photo of John-K3MA

John-K3MA

• 102 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Here is a link to the video.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8JQ0SIUlI8

I suspect they would be just fine for Sat work.  Maybe not so much for EME.

I have also heard of other whom had had orders in to DEMI for a year.
Photo of Richard Knack

Richard Knack

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Now, will PowerSDR let me transmit at 32MHz, to create the entire IF range to cover all of 2 meters with this transverter? Or would it be difficult to hack the program?
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9022 Posts
  • 3423 Reply Likes
It will not.  And modifying the source will not provide extended TX frequencies.  It is locked by a different mechanism.