Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Scrolling/Zooming changes the reception of slice being listened to

Matt Fielder
Matt Fielder Member
Using a 6300 w/ ATU, and noticed that if I'm listening to a slice and then zoom out or scroll, there will be some relay clicks from the 6300 and the slice reception will change (sometimes better, sometimes worse).  Is it just a side effect of the ATU?

Answers

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    No, it has to do with how much of the band real estate it is processing and how much of that aggregate band pass the signal width your slice is sitting on occupies. You can use the question as keywords and add n5ac (whatever Steve Hicks call is) and Google it. He had a very descriptive explanation for exactly that phenomena some months back.
  • Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Did you also notice a "Wide" annunciator in the upper right corner of the panadaptor? Zoom wide enough and you'll get a click or two and that indication. Could be one thing going on.
  • Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Right column last entry. 6300s don't have preselector s, as I understand it. Aren't 6300s always wide?
  • James Whiteway
    edited January 2016
    Yep, no bandpass filters.
    james

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Oops - my goof. I have a 6500, so I can't contribute much, I guess!
  • Matt Fielder
    Matt Fielder Member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks Walt, looks like this link from Steve is about what I'm seeing:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/band_gain_noise?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings%5D%5Bfi...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.