Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Scrolling 'Profiles' changes freq.

W4TMW
W4TMW Member ✭✭
edited August 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
R.E. F6300
   I have a goodly number of 'Profiles', sometimes requiring me to scroll down to find what I want. I just noticed that while scanning my 'Profiles' using the thumbwheel of my mouse, the radio's  freq. changes. As you might surmise, when I QSY to the new 'Profile', then return to the previous freq. w/o using 'Profiles', I'll be presented with a different freq. due to the prior action of the mouses' (mice:) thumbwheel.  
   Seems to me when I'm manipulating the 'Profile' dropdown list my actions should not change the radio's freq. before moving to the new 'Profile'............just an observation.
Tom W4TMW

Comments

• Steve N4LQ
    Steve N4LQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Hmmm. I wondered what was going on.
    The TX profile thing never made any sense either. When I choose a profile, the TX profile is liable to pop up almost anything or do nothing. It's pretty useless.
    I believe Flex is changing the entire memory system in one of the next releases. Let's hope so.

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I don't think that is the intended behavior when the Profile window is in focus, so I have written this up as a defect in our bug tracker for additional investigation.  Thanks for the report.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Looks like this will be fixed in SmartSDR v1.4
  • pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited November 2014

Perhaps the same kind of problem.

I have severally times seen the radio frequencie changing when I used the RF Power slider during tuning the ATU.

• Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    You should never change the power level when the internal ATU is tuning.  The ATU needs a constant power level.
  • pa0bie
    pa0bie Member
    edited November 2014
    Sometimes my FLEX do not show any power on the output display during tuning the ATU unless a raise the power slider. Also nothing on the SWR display.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.