Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Screen Freezes

KM6CQ - Dan
KM6CQ - Dan Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
This is not a big problem, more of a report. For no apparent reason I can see, the screen may or may not freeze after running for 45 minutes or so. The solution is to simply minimize or re-size the screen. When it does freeze everything is working fine, including DAX. I am running 8.1 Pro and 1.0.24 Windows is a fresh install, the only programs I have installed are what I need for radio operations. Dan KM6CQ

Comments

• Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    Dan, Do you think that the computer is trying to close the screen or go into standby? Bump you Windows Power Option to High Performance , just to see if that makes a difference .
  • KM6CQ - Dan
    KM6CQ - Dan Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hi Dudley, I do have the power option on high. I have all of the power saving, hard drive and sleeps modes disabled. I am running two monitors, one is a dell 27" the other is on the lap top. The image I attached is my system. It has now been running for about 4 hours without freezing.
  • Asher - K0AU
    Asher - K0AU Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Have also seen this on my i7 laptop and my i5 desktop with Intel HD5000 integrated graphics. After the screen freezes - or sometimes just slows down to molasses updates - I've opened up Windows Process Explorer and observed that SSDR has mysteriously lost touch with GPU resources. System GPU Memory and Committed GPU memory drop down to 0.0MB. I don't have a simple, reproducible trigger to report yet.
  • KM6CQ - Dan
    KM6CQ - Dan Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Yes mine will also slow down to molasses before it freezes. I suspect it is the integrated video. Maybe it has a difficult time keeping up with two displays. Dan KM6CQ Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 4000 Type: GPU Bus: Built-In VRAM (Total): 1024 MB Vendor: Intel (0x8086) Device ID: 0x0166 Revision ID: 0x0009 Displays: Color LCD: Display Type: LCD Resolution: 1280 x 800 Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Mirror: Off Online: Yes Built-In: Yes DELL S2740L: Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz (1080p) Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Display Serial Number: P7D0G37O0H9L Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Rotation: Supported Television: Yes
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Dan - There have been several issues reported with the HD4000 integrated video interface with SmartSDR. One thing you might try is to increase the amount of RAM dedicated to the HD4000, as you only have 1024 MB currently allocated. If you can do this, it would probably be set in the PC BIOS. it also may be obfuscated and an option to optimize the on-board video too. Some BIOSes will not allow you to change this option. This issue (we think) is that the shared RAM that the HD4000 is using too slow as compared to dedicated graphics RAM (GRAM) you would find on a dedicated video card. If allocating more memory does not fix the issue then your only option is to install a graphics adapter into the system of off-load this process from the integrated HD4000.
  • KM6CQ - Dan
    KM6CQ - Dan Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thank you Tim. Dan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.