Screen protector for maestro

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Do flex sell a screen protector for the maestro,if not could anyone point me in the rite direction,as to where I can find one.thanks
Photo of Tony Hateley

Tony Hateley

• 302 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1369 Posts
  • 293 Reply Likes
Hi Tony,

I received one of the first Maestros shipped. I use it regularly. It has travelled with me on business trips, Field Day the last two years, hamfests, parks, etc.

I have not experienced any issue with scratches in the glass of the display. I do have a carry case I bought on Amazon (Pelican knock-off) which holds the Maestro, power supply, two Polanfo batteries, and Radio Sport headset.

If you do find a screen protector to fit it may require disassembly as part of the display is under the plastic housing. This would void any warranty that may be left on the Maestro. I would recommend one of the "glass" screen protectors if you decide to go that route. I use the Belkin Inviglass Ultra on my iPhone 7 Plus. It feels very good to the touch and does not reduce the screen touch sensitivity. I dropped my phone once and it hit a sharp object on the lower left face of the phone. The screen protector absorbed the impact and shattered but the phone screen was fine. Belkin replaced it for free.

Now I do not know what would have happened without the protector as manufacturers of tablets and phones are using very durable glass such as Corning Gorilla Glass. Not sure what the Maestro display uses but I have had zero issues with my display running "Au Naturel"

Dave wo2x
(Edited)
Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 757 Posts
  • 153 Reply Likes
I was think of putting a MAT finish screen protector on mine so it didn't have so much glare out side in the sun light so it would be nice for a ready made solution but I guess if FLEX doesn't decide to sell one in the near future I will buy one for a tablet and cut it down to fit
If I do this I'll post info here.

Bret
WX7Y
(Edited)
Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1369 Posts
  • 293 Reply Likes
If it is a glass based protector you most likely will not be able to cut it as it will crack.

I never liked the older “rubbery” type. They don’t adhere well and curl on the edges.

Let us know what you find I understand about the glare as aI operate in parks quite often.

Dave wo2x
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9186 Posts
  • 3542 Reply Likes
Official Response
No, we do not sell screen protectors for the Maestro.
Photo of Tony Hateley

Tony Hateley

• 302 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
It would not be a bad idea Tim
Photo of Jean Drolet

Jean Drolet

• 95 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
 up
Photo of John - K3MA

John - K3MA

• 347 Posts
  • 111 Reply Likes
I believe (not confirmed myself) that the tablet inside the Maestro (original version) is a Dell Venue 8 Pro.  So if you search ebay or Amazon for that tablet it might turn up something you can use.

Maybe our friendly Flex representative can confirm this is the retail tablet that is used in the Maestro.