Scope Function in the 6000 series

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Planned
Will the scope and panascope function be provided in future releases of SmarrSDR? I used these features for FMT's.
Photo of K2CM

K2CM

• 265 Posts
  • 18 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9152 Posts
  • 3471 Reply Likes
George,

I changed this to an "Idea" topic so others could comment and vote on it.
Photo of Ken - NM9P

Ken - NM9P, Elmer

• 4007 Posts
  • 1233 Reply Likes
Although not nearly as useful as the essential pan-fall function, the scope function, if the time constant is fast enough, could be useful for examining certain receiver or transmitter responses.
Photo of Eric - KE5DTO

Eric - KE5DTO, Official Rep

• 700 Posts
  • 206 Reply Likes
Official Response
We definitely intend to include Scope modes in SmartSDR. When these will roll out largely depends on the the customers demand for this feature vs. others.
Photo of Dale KB5VE

Dale KB5VE

• 411 Posts
  • 56 Reply Likes
So how many request are needed to get a feature moved forward?
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T

George Molnar, KF2T, Elmer

• 1570 Posts
  • 554 Reply Likes
I very much enjoyed the scope features in PSDR. Having peak hold and analytic tools was very helpful for doing antenna and system design and evaluation. Granted, a lot of folks may not use these tools, or even care they are there, but a few of us I suspect are pretty passionate about their inclusion.
Photo of John n0snx

John n0snx

• 229 Posts
  • 54 Reply Likes
having been a flex user for many years, i sure do miss the panascope feature.   I am not a digital guy so the scope is much more beneficial to me.
Photo of Joe WD5Y

Joe WD5Y

• 175 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
I agree the scope and panascope functions are very important to me; with the high def video this inclusion in the flex 6000 would be great to have.
Photo of Dale KB5VE

Dale KB5VE

• 411 Posts
  • 56 Reply Likes
I really miss the panascope of power sdr. Please take me back to the future.
Photo of Greg AB4GO

Greg AB4GO

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

I would like to indicate my desire to have the "Panascope" or time scope on my new Flex 6500.  I really miss this feature.

Photo of Burt Fisher

Burt Fisher

• 1067 Posts
  • 369 Reply Likes
Please no scope like the one in PowerSDR, how about an RF sample type scope.
Photo of HCampbell  WB4IVF

HCampbell WB4IVF

• 183 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
http://www.telepostinc.com/LP-500.html

Telepost plans to start shipments of this station monitor shortly.  There is a waiting list though. 
Photo of Roy Laufer

Roy Laufer

• 439 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
I put my name on the list more than three years ago and I appear to have 443 earlier customers before me!

This hobby is not for people that require their gratification to be immediate!
Photo of HCampbell  WB4IVF

HCampbell WB4IVF

• 183 Posts
  • 39 Reply Likes
That's for sure!   I'll probably get the 5" model that (hopefully) is about ready for shipping since it's a better fit for my rack case. I'm hoping that a lot of the folks ahead of me on the list will opt to wait for the future 7" version.