Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SB-201 connection to 6300

David Parkinson
edited February 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I have a sb-200 and have installed the Harbaugh mods including the soft key, do I just need to connect the PTT on the radio to Ant Relay and Alc to Alc and go? I've looked elswhere but it has all gone over my head.  Thank you

Answers

• Lee - N2LEE
    Lee - N2LEE Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    David, check out pages 33 and 37 of the Series 6000 hardware manual this will probably answer any questions you have.
    TX RELAY OUTPUTS [1,2,3] TX1, TX2 and TX3 (TX on FLEX-6300) are outputs for keying external equipment such as amplifiers, external T/R switches, etc. They are all individual outputs, isolated from each other. Refer to the SmartSDR documentation for explanation on how to configure the timing for each output. – The TX Relay outputs are designed to handle signaling levels of up to +40 VDC @ 140 mA maximum. Some older amplifiers exceed this voltage level and damage to the radio can occur if directly connected. Verify the voltage/current on your external device before connecting to TX Relay 1-3. If there is any doubt or the levels are too high, use a buffer/isolator box between the radio and the external device. 

http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/flex-6000-hardware-reference-manual-pdf/
  • John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited April 2015
    David Be safe and use a relay BUFFER between the radio and amp....The SB201 does not have an ALC so you will not use the ALC on the radio.  With an amp that age I would use a relay buffer for sure.
  • Doug Hall
    Doug Hall Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    David, if you have the softkey mod in the SB-201 you don't need a relay between the rig and amp. That's the whole purpose of the softkey mod. And don't bother with the ALC connection - you don't need it. Hook the TX output on the 6300 to the Ant Relay input on the Heathkit and make sure RCA TX1 is enabled in the radio setup under TX.
    Doug K4DSP

• David Parkinson
    edited March 2015
    Thank you so much guys,,,you have really helped me out...I really appreciate it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.