Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Saving TNF to Global Profile

Mark NS9N
Mark NS9N Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Using SmartSDR 2.1.32, how do I save the Notch Filters to a Global Profile. I set up a filter and then save the profile. As long as I do not turn off the radio, the filters are present. After a reboot, the filters are missing. Am I missing something or is this operating properly? I would like to save the filter locations to my Global Profiles.

Answers

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I don't think you can. You can click "remember" under TNF settings and have them come back next time around.

I thought about saving them to global profiles myself but realized there really isn't much reason to.

Rich

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    "Remember" should turn the yellow line to green, and it should be permanent until you remove it, regardless of power cycles.  And it gets saved in global profiles.  I use them almost exclusively as band edge markers.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Simageee the

see manual on saving TNF profile
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I guess I really do not understand this.  It appears to me that you can not save a TNF to a global unless you click "remember" in the TNF settings.

However if you click remember it looks like the TNF shows all the time regardless of profile.

If so, what is the purpose of using the profile?

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Maybe the logic is that an interference source needs notching regardless of the profile?
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    That is my thought. So would not thinking adding it to a profile has any benefit.
  • Mark NS9N
    Mark NS9N Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The reason I want to save it to a specific profile is to use it as a band edge reminder. So given the class of license and mode, the operating limits have a visual. Yes I know that this is not what TNF is designed for and I should always remember or look at the wall chart when not sure but with such a beautiful screen in front to me, it is always nice to add some visual cues. I also know that the SW team has considered this type of visuals and may someday add the features. So for now I set limits and lock them and this will get me 95% what I am looking for. Thanks everyone for your inputs.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Well I don't think there is any limits to TNFs so you should be able to add them to all bands I would think.

And I am looking forward to that feature too :)

Rich

• Jim Osterling
    Jim Osterling Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Last night I was looking through the manual (don't have the radio yet, later this week) and trying to discover how many tnf's are allowed. Was not able to discover that information.

I'm thinking along similar lines, as I would use them for markers, within the band,
    much of the time....

Jim
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Well I know one thing for sure. You can have enough TNFs to mark every band edge three times over. If there is a limit, its very high.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.