Saving Recorded Audio ?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I know ssdr does not allow you to save recorded audio to a file but there must be a way to use DAX to redirect the playback to another app.

I was able to figure out how to record audio using DAX to an external app by redirecting DAX Audio RX 1 but how do you redirect audio playback to another recording app ?

I tried changing Audacity input to DAX TX audio but that is listed as reserved and does not work.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Lee
Photo of Lee - N2LEE

Lee - N2LEE

• 275 Posts
  • 143 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of SteveM

SteveM

• 257 Posts
  • 40 Reply Likes

Nevermind my comment. Apparently, I misread your post. Sorry!

(Edited)
Photo of Jim Hawkins / K2JHV

Jim Hawkins / K2JHV

• 28 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
I have Audacity set as follows:
Windows WASAPI
And the input to "DAX RESERVED AUDIO RX 1 (DAX RX Audio) (loopback)
Output on my machine is set to: "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)"  (for playback)

It works.
(Edited)
Photo of Lee - N2LEE

Lee - N2LEE

• 275 Posts
  • 143 Reply Likes
Jim, can you clarify a few things for me ?

1. When you playback audio recorded with SmartSDR you can capture it with Audacity ?

I have DAX set to Channel 1
Audacity input set to DAX Audio RX 1

This will let me record directly via Audacity BUT when I playback audio that I RECORDED via SSDR it does not show up in Audacity.
Photo of Jim Hawkins / K2JHV

Jim Hawkins / K2JHV

• 28 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
I just tried recording the playback on SSDR on Audacity and it worked.
Set the Audacity output to "DAX Audio TX 1 (DAX TX Audio)" and you can play it back through SSDR provided the DAX button is depressed and the DAX control panel has TX on.  I just tried it and it worked.

It looks like I would have to fiddle with levels because the recording is very low in volume when I tried it.  In other words, In order to playback at the same level you received it, you have to make some adjustments.  It's a bit awkward.  I had to shrink the SSDR screen "up" and Squeeze the Audacity window under it so I could control everything.

Hope that helps.  --Jim - K2JHV
PS:  The file recording and playback that was on my Flex-3000 was so convenient and that's an important feature FlexRadio should put back into the 6000 series.
(Edited)