Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

sainsmart or denkovi relay for band decoder

Ed N5DG
Ed N5DG Member
edited August 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Answers

• k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hello Ed,

Here is a link that may answer your question:  https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/how-to-setup-sainsmart-devorik-relay-board-usb-bit-...

Not sure what your question was though?

Good luck, Dennis, k0eoo
  • Ed N5DG
    Ed N5DG Member
    edited July 2018
    Dennis , I found the Devorik Relay board , so do I need a standard A /B usb cable or what cable do I need from the 6600 to the Devorik ? can you send a link for the cable ?

Thanks Ed N5DG
  • Ed N5DG
    Ed N5DG Member
    edited June 2018
    I forgot to mention , My goal is to switch my antenna relays at the tower.

Thanks Ed N5DG 
  • Ed N5DG
    Ed N5DG Member
    edited June 2018
    Another question , does it make any difference what relay board I buy ? sainsmart or denkovi  ? My relays at the tower are now wired all with common ground and I switch the +12 V to each relay 

Thanks again , Ed N5DG
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hello Ed,

Any USB type A/B will work, here is a link to a 5' one but get the length you need:

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Printer-Scanner-Brother-Lexmark/dp/B00P0FO1P0/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&...

I use the SainSmart board but the Denkovi is the original so maybe better.  With your hookup switching +12v should work great.  Either board will work.  Good luck,

Dennis, k0eoo
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Sainsmart working for me on DDUtil. I tried a second unit on the 6600 just to see and it also works fine there as well. I am curious though what kind of relays you use at the antenna outdoors, enclosed? Ever had the contacts partially make? Originally I had my SixPak on the tower, every few months I had to throw on my climbing belt up 10 feet to burnish those open relays. Finally brought the SixPak relay box indoors just inside the basement up in the floor joists and have never needed to touch it since in the climate controlled house.
  • Ed N5DG
    Ed N5DG Member
    edited June 2018
    Dennis tnx, I have the Sainsmart USB on the way and have the USB cable , waiting on the Flex 6600 to arrive .

Tnx Ed N5DG
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Clay, I've heard that about the Sixpak.  I have had the DX Engineering 1:8 5KW sealed relays down at the base of the tower for 10 years with NO issues.
  • Ed N5DG
    Ed N5DG Member
    edited July 2018
    I too use closed relays at the base of the tower and enclosed in a big box store gray enclosure  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.