Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Safest way to run 2 6500 radios - each with it's own computer - each connected to an Amp (ALS 600 &

James T. Whitehead
James T. Whitehead Member ✭✭
edited February 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Safest way to run 2 6500 radios - each with it's own computer - each connected to an Amp (ALS 600 & ALS 1300) - .Thanks KK4JTW

Answers

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    What do you mean "safest"?  I'm not sure what the concern is.

You can tell each computer which radio to use -- read this post
  • James T. Whitehead
    James T. Whitehead Member ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Thanks Steve - if both radios are on and I am transmitting on 1 radio is there a potential of affecting the other radio. I want to run 1 for digital models and the other for phone at the same time - I saw some discussion where you mute 1 radio when you are transmitting on the other - thanks for your help!!
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Ahhh OK. Well from a safety standpoint, it's more of a system problem. Ideally you will want to ensure that you have no more than 5mW of aggregate power into any antenna connector when the radio is transmitting. This is peak power of all carriers, not just a single carrier. Assuming that a carrier generated by your local station would be more than 10dB stonger than the peak power from all other stations combined (generally a safe assumption), you could generate a CW carrier with one transmitter and measure the coax going to the receiver with a power meter. You will probably need a low-power meter that reads in the uW to low W range (put your Bird away...). You will also want to test all cross-band/antenna combinations that make sense. If you find a non-compliant set then let's discuss how to solve the problem. For example, if the issue is TX on your tri-blander created a +25dBm signal in your receiver listening to a vertical, more height to your beam. If hit be the answer, Etc...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.