Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Safe TX PA Temperature?

Neal Pollack, N6YFM
Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
What is the safe operating temperature of the TX PA?
I realize that the overall rig operating range is up to 50 degrees C.
But does the DDutil program monitor the TX PA heatsink temp or the
general rig internal air temp?

I run a lot of digital like FT8 and RTTY, so I am curious about the best
way to monitor the PA temps and what the safe range is.

Thanks,

Neal

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The radio takes care of it self,,as the temp rises, the fans may rev up. Then if for some reason it goes to high the radio will shut down, it would be very difficult to damage your radio.
    I believe DDutil and FRstacks monitor the PA temps if you want to check.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    also flex meter 3 which is free
  • Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Where do I find flex meter 3?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I like this tiny program that just sits were you want it that tells you things
    It is called SDRmonitor
  • Johan / SE3X
    Johan / SE3X Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Tnx! I have missed such a monitor and like it a lot. In contest I run mainly with the Maestro and misses a similar function there. Anyone know if there are something similar for the M? 

• Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The Maestro, alas, does not seem to support any 3rd party apps. In my opinion, it really should -- but I understand the practical support issues that would arise if it was opened up for user-supplied Windows apps.

Of course, a determined hacker can make many things happen. :)
  • ND8L
    ND8L Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    K9DUR is a Rock Star! 

I downloaded and installed SDRMonitor sans instructions in two minutes.

But the SWRPlotter6K is by far one of the coolest pieces of software I've ever seen.

Totally intuitive...and for a technological Luddite like me...that's sayin' something.

www.K9DUR.info

And if you use his software, make sure  you send Ray a donation...he's doing amazing work.

73 de ND8L

• roger na4rr
    roger na4rr Member
    edited August 2018
    Yes he is. Everything he puts out works the first time.   I have sent him several donations.  My favorite is his voice keyer  
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    goggle is your best friend just search flex meter or flex meter 3

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.