Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

S Meter Plus

Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
Does anybody have a current versio of Beppo's S Meter Plus?  Woodbox radio is long gone. 

Answers

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I have the woodbox smart s meter v16 if that does you any good.

• Ed Johnson
    Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Larry,
    Yes, I have the original version but was hoping to upgrade.  Is it email-able? ed@w2ph.com
    Thanks
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    check your mail.
  • Ed Johnson
    Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    No luck so far, will re-check in the morning
  • Lucas - W6AER
    Lucas - W6AER Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I would actually love to see something like this integrated into future versions, seems to be a demand for it. Just my 2 cents.
  • Ed Johnson
    Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Still did not receive the email with the v1.6 .  Perhaps the exe file was being blocked. :-(
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I sent a copy as a Google Drive attachment to avoid the goofy email attachment blocking.

Larry, W1IZZ

• Pat Eastman
    Pat Eastman Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Larry, Any chance you could spare another copy?  Thanks!

Pat Eastman  K7PWE
  • Bob G   W1GLV
    Bob G W1GLV Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Ed, I have the latest which is the one that displays the frequency. Send me your email and I'll send you the file.
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Email address?
  • Lawrence Gray
    Lawrence Gray Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Same version I have--1.6, which displays freq.
  • Pat Eastman
    Pat Eastman Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    patricke@peak.org

Thank you!!
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I would like to get the latest version also. The one I have doesn't display frequency. w6caw@craigwilliams.com
  • Ed Johnson
    Ed Johnson Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Larry,
    Thanks... got it this morning.
    Ed W2PH
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I thought I had 1.6 but I do not, I have Smart S-Meter PLUS version 1.0.0 and it displays the frequency, works fine, but could someone send me 1.6? Once I get it is there a problem if I provide a downloadable public link to this on my website?
    If not that's ok, I'll keep it private.
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Question. Is this "freeware" or not?
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    yes, that is what was listed on the website when it was still active, this was freeware.
  • Tim - N6DIY
    Tim - N6DIY Member
    edited February 2019
    Can you email me a copy also? I would like to try it with my 6700. Thank you.
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
  • Tim - N6DIY
    Tim - N6DIY Member
    edited February 2019
    Craig
    Thank you.
    Tim
  • Tim - N6DIY
    Tim - N6DIY Member
    edited February 2019
    I tried Craig's version and it is 1.0
    Can someone provide a link or email a copy of version 1.6?
    Thank you in advance.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    See if this google drive link works. This is v 1.6 of the S-Meter.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gEnWd6DVmrtgfEk3dQqE4OY1iTe9ff2Y?usp=sharing
  • Tim - N6DIY
    Tim - N6DIY Member
    edited February 2019
    Link worked great. Craig's V1 has slight differences than the v1.6. Choose the one you want to use. I will play with both. Thank you.
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    let me know if this worked or not, first time using google drive.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I downloaded from Larry's google drive and the file that says it's 1.6 seems to be the same as 1.0. In fact the release notes of both say "Rel. 1.0.0 - start release."  So I may have had 1.6 all along.

• Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I should point out that 4 different virus checkers think the above file has been infected with possible ransomware.  But far more think it is clean.   What virus software is running on the system where you uploaded it to dropbox?

You can check the file by uploading to https://www.virustotal.com

It is possible it's a false positive, or not?

Neal
  • Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    V 1.6 allows multiple instances of the S-meter, other wise I think it looks the same. I wonder if in the future this could be launched by sliceMaster per open slice.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Was a long tmie ago I downloaded it and running 4 meters so I must have had v1.6 all along. Thanks for the clarification
  • Craig Williams
    Craig Williams Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    The one on my website has the slice frequency shown. It looks like that is later than v1.6? I also just put up the very early version 1.2

SmartSmeter Plus
  • Neal Pollack, N6YFM
    Neal Pollack, N6YFM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hard to say.  As good a job as the authors did for making these meters work for Flex,
    they did an inverse fantastically bad job at version labeling.   I just installed both, the one from Larry and the one from Craig.

On the setup screen, they both claim to be version 1.0.0.  But the one with the VFO sub-display has a window title bar calling it Smart S-Meter PLUS, and the one without
    the VFO display has a title bar of V16.   So, is PLUS newer or is Ver 16 newer :-)
    You decide :-)    How can these guys be SO good at programming and SO BAD at versioning.   
        Ing-ah-neeers.  Every where ya' go...

[Neal shakes his head....]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.