Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RX audio drops out Flex 6300 2.0.17

James Skala
James Skala Member
edited March 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
RX audio drops out Flex 6300 2.0.17 Program is running RX is in waterfall audio sounds like unit is hooked to a dummy load no signal audio  Stop Program and Start Program everything is fine.

Comments

• Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    James,

You'll definitely need to provide a lot more info to receive any help. How are you connecting? LAN/WAN? Bandwidth? Network indicator readout and dropped packets? What is the bandwidth you're using? You definitely have a network issue of some sort. What you're seeing is not typical for 2.0.17.

Mack
    W4AX
    Alpha Team
  • James Skala
    James Skala Member
    edited July 2017
    How are you connecting? LAN/WAN?  LAN
    Network indicator readout and dropped packets? None 0
    What is the bandwidth you're using? LAN 1GB Connections
    You definitely have a network issue of some sort.
    What you're seeing is not typical for 2.0.17 didn't have this problem with 1.10.16
    Same configuration as 1.10.16 just upgraded.
    Happened during RX.
  • Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    James, 

Like Mack was mentioning, this is not normal for V2.   Can you describe the problem again?  You claim it sounds like you are on a dummy load.  Are you sure you have the correct antenna selected?  
    Is there some sort of bandwidth congestion?  

I ran 2 slices last night on a 700kb/sec upload and it sounded normal from my 6300.  

I don't deny you have a problem, but we will need a few more facts to figure it out.  

Mike va3mw
  • James Skala
    James Skala Member
    edited July 2017
    Program is running, all is good stepped away for dinner and cam back and all I heard is dead band ie rf gain turned down or like your on a dummy load. I seen plenty of signals on the screen and clicked on a few and could not hear them. I stopped both slices and launched them again no difference. I changed bands no difference. Finnally is closed program and relaunched and connected and all is good
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I'm glad it's working for you now.

Mack
    W4AX
  • James Skala
    James Skala Member
    edited July 2017
    Ill try to reproduce
  • James Skala
    James Skala Member
    edited July 2017
    Here the update.  It is related to using REMOTE next to the speaker and headphones.  I have been using this for some time to eliminate another set of speakers.  So I decided to hook up another set of speakers and plug in the back of the Flex 6300 and deselected REMOTE and low and behold I have audio.  When I switch back to REMOTE to make audio come out of PC speakers its not there.  

Now when I restart the SmartSDR 2.0.17 and select remote it is there until it goes away.

So my work around is to use speakers hooked to Flex 6300

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.