Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RX audio delay on PC speakers

K6HN
K6HN Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Since updating my 6700 to V3.1.7 then 3.1.8 I get a significant delay in the PC audio vs the panadapter display (delay can be up to 1 second or more). Anyone else seeing this? I downgraded to 3.0.27 and everything gets back in sync. This is using PC audio, not audio out of the radio direct. Same delay occurs on 2 separate PC's both running current updated copies of Win-10.

Comments

• Rick Fosburgh
    Rick Fosburgh Member
    edited October 2019
    Noticed the same. Have also seen a random loss of audio to pc speakers that can be fixed by toggling the pc audio off and on.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I also have about a 1 second delay between what the Waterfall and Panadapter show and the PC speaker plays.

Bret
    WX7Y

• N8SDR
    N8SDR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I also experienced this with he newest DAX drives but in version 2.6.1 - which also uses the same DAX drivers.  https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/2-6-1-audio-drop-outs

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    just checked using SmartLink on my other Radio and there is about 1.5 Seconds delay between Waterfall / Spectrum analyzer and the PC speaker audio so a little more delay which isn't to bad for running over a internet connection using the 6600 on the Remote network over SmartLink but still more delay then earlier versions of SmartSDR had.

Bret
    WX7Y
  • K6HN
    K6HN Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Well it's good to hear others are experiencing the same delay and it's not my hardware. I find this extremely annoying and completely unacceptable so will be opening a ticket with Flex. 

• LZ2BE
    LZ2BE Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I have the same issue not only with PC audio, but on Maestro audio too. 
    When I listen on phones connected to my 6600 and Maestro loudspeaker at the same time the difference in CW is 3-4 letters!

73 Boyan
  • K6HN
    K6HN Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I opened a trouble ticket with Flex and was told this is a know problem. Defect number 7335.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks for the follow up K6HN. 7335 defects in the software. Not sure if that is good or bad.

Does anyone know if there is a public list of these defects?
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I doubt that represents the total number of defects :)  No, there is not a public list of defects.  However, there is a list of fixed defects in the changelog for each software release.
  • John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thanks Joe. I wish they would release it. Oh yes, I am a huge fan of reading the documentation and it's the first thing I do.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.