Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Running Macros on CW with Fldigi v3.21.77

W4EY
W4EY Member
edited June 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I have been successful in running Digital, and RTTY with the FLEX 6500, DAX, and Fldigit v3.21.77. No issues with the configurations. I was attempting to run Fldigi in the latest CW contest using Predefined macros set up for CW. The predefined CW responses are much needed for those operating CW Contest. In CW Mode Fldigi macros will allow the contact counter to progress with each contact and log data to enter correctly. Running the SmartADR Beta version and FLEX DAX, the only way I could get Fldigi to key the FLEX 6500 for the CW macros was to set the FLEX Controls to USB. The FLEX appears to send the Fldigi macro CW text correctly. However, this appears to be in USB and not CW modes...Can the FLEX be run in USB for CW modes? CW operation and not concerned with any type of Filtering...

Answers

• W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited June 2018
    Fldigi will decipher and display text from CW signals on the FLEX using DAX RX. This works if the FLEX is set to receive CW or USB. The Fldigi CW macros will key the FLEX and send the CW text from the macro if the FLEX is set to USB. Can the FLEX be keyed on CW while it is set to USB using the DAX interface?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    CW mode in Fldigi is ASFK, so you are going to have to be in a DIGx or SSB mode for it to operate.
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited June 2018
    Tim, thanks. Yes I can run CW Macros from FLdigi with the FLEX in SSB or DIGx mode. As you stated, FLdigi is using Audio "AFSK" when sending the Macros. The only issue is that we do not have any capability to CW key the FLEX in the DIGx or SSB modes. That was one of the key features that I appreciated on my FLEX 5KA for working contest. I also needed it for operating FEMA nets.. Wish we could move this CW Macro App up on the FLEX wish list...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.