Running JTDX and WSJT-X simmulataneously?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
JTDX is a new version of JT65 program that seems to be able to decode JT65 much better than WSJT-X V1.7

http://www.qrz.lt/ly3bg/JTDX/jtdx.html

Since I am into comparative testing,

The only real way to get an accurate comparison of WSJT-X vs JTDX is to run an instance of Both programs at the same time on the same band. Basically two slices on the same frequency which is easy to do with the Flex.

As you are aware Flex 6700 is a multi-slice receiver capable of receiving 8 simultaneous digital signals. 

I have successfully run multiple simultaneous instances of WSJT on the same and different bands with no issues or conflicts

I have successfully run multiple simultaneous instances of JTDX on the same and different bands with no issues or conflicts

However when I try to run an instance of WSJT-X and JTDX at the same time the programs seem to hang at decode time.   

Any suggestions or ideas?

Photo of KY6LA - Howard

KY6LA - Howard, Elmer

• 3725 Posts
  • 1578 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of David Warnberg

David Warnberg

• 622 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Anyone notice an improvement on receive with JTDX when doing EME?  What is your setup for EME and JTDX?  I'm still playing trying to just receive signals on 2 meters
Photo of Tom-KJ4QDZ

Tom-KJ4QDZ

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
On this AGC issue.  With WSJT-X there was a slider for adjusting the gain.  JTDX does not have this gain adjustment.  So adjusting AGC and the Threshold in the manner described in the SSDR User Guide leaves the JTDX waterfall "saturated" (for lack of a better term).  I found that I must also adjust the RX Gain for each channel on the DAX RX Stream to reduce the gain to ~60dB.  Is this the correct way to adjust the gain in JTDX?  I seem to recall a tutorial on a much earlier version of WSJT that the noise floor gain was ~26-30dB.
(Edited)
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9181 Posts
  • 3529 Reply Likes
Try this.  Leave the DAX RX gain @ 50 (0 dB) and drop the AGC-T to a value where you have a proper input gain value for JTDX and see how it decodes.  I have been setting it so that the JTDX input gain is reading ~50 dB with no signals in the passband (ambient noise floor).
(Edited)
Photo of Tom-KJ4QDZ

Tom-KJ4QDZ

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This setup is working pretty well for me.  I haven't decoded any weak signals beyond -26 dB but will have to wait and play around with it.  Thank you.