Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Running FLDigi and Log2OM

Ron K2RAS
Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭
I seem to have run into an issue when running both FLDigi and the Log2OM logging program. FLDigi seems to require RigCat rig control to bi-directionally sync the FLdigi frequency with SmartSDR.  Log2OM requires XML-RPC rig control (mutually exclusive options).

If RigCat is used, Log2OM will not accept QSOs from FLDigi.  If XML-RPC is used, then sliding the FLDigi waterfall changes the frequency index, but the waterfall does not shift and the frequency change is not passed back to SmartSDR.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Ron

Comments

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I run the same setup just fine. You have to use SSDR to tune and not FLDigi. The latter just reads the dial frequency, it does not tune the rig.

Let me know if you need any further help.
  • Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Thanks.  I updated another spot on the thread that Log2OM seems to transfer spots to the very edge of the FLDigi passband.  Going back to SSDR to change the frequency means going to a third program every time when simply trying to work CW/digital spots between the spotting program and FLDigi.

The QSY function in FLDigi is disabled since RigCat is not being used, and the FLDigi 'center in window' button simply shifts the window, it does not shift the signal further into the passband.

Any ideas?
    Ron
  • Jay -- N0FB
    Jay -- N0FB Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Just for clarification, the name of the Logging software is Log4OM.  This is a fantastic piece of freeware provided by Daniele Pisto.   I can't recommend this logging solution enough for those on the Windows platform.

http://www.pisto.it/wordpress/log4om-en/

• DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Hi Ron,

It is not clear what you are expecting to see or what the problem is, so forgive me if the following is not helpful

With Fldigi setup directly to log to Log4OM, no tuning is done by Fldigi at all it just reads the rig frequency.

I set the waterfall width to 4K and set the same filter in SSDR and all tuning is done is the FRS software.

If you want the frequency control to be via Fldigi, you will probably need to use Flrig http://w1hkj.com/flrig-help/FLRig_Users_Manual.pdf .

cheers.
  • Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    My challenge is that the spot signal is passed from Log4OM to FLDigi at the very edge of the pass band.  It is not possible to see the entire signal without then going back every time to SmartSDR to again shift the frequency up in the passband.  Perhaps I am doing something wrong...  

I would really like to have the spotting program pass the signal into the middle of the FLDigi passband, then there would be no need to adjust the frequency in FLDigi.  The FLDigi QSY function would work great but it is disabled since FLDigi is communicating using XML-RPC to Log4OM, not Omni-Rig.  The 'center in window' button in FLDigi simply centers the frequency if some of the passband is off the edge of the display, it does not shift the passband.

Again, if there is a better solution or I am doing something wrong I am open to change. Any suggestions welcome, Ron
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Jay, you're absolutely right about Log4OM.  I have plenty of "paid for" loggers that I have abandoned.  This thing does everything I want it to plus some.  It works well with Windows, with the Flex, and with FLDigi.  I love being able to log out of FLDigi and have the contact show up in my Log4OM log.
  • Ron K2RAS
    Ron K2RAS Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    Steve, do you mind contacting me at the email address on my QRZ.com page.  I have a couple of lingering issues with the configuration you succeeded with.

Thanks, Ron
    K2RAS
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    I sent you a message.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.