Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Running 6300 remote mobile

Tim KE4UK
Tim KE4UK Member ✭✭
This is great! Running the 6300 with 2.4.9 software and smartlink remote mobile with my laptop and hotspot in my truck mobile. I work out of my truck all day and it is great to be able to work HF when I get a moment. Thanks Flex Radio!!

Comments

• Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    That's great - I've been thinking of doing something similar with my 6300. Does your truck have a 'built-in' hotspot, or did you just get a hotspot from a cell carrier? Any problems so far? I assume you're running Windows in the truck, I assume you are using the flex control for VFO, what are you using for mic/headset? Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance, Ken, N2VIP
  • Tim KE4UK
    Tim KE4UK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Utilizing the Mic and Speaker on the laptop but headset is next. The hotspot is a GX450 Sierra. No problems at all so far. Have checked into the net on 14.300 and got good reports after adjusting mic gain.
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I have a very good HF mobile but running remote via my vehicle's wifi is quite a novelty. My first time was from the car wash, second time was while my wife was driving (we were in the middle of an 8 hr. drive on the interstate).
  • Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019

• Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Above is my 6600 being remotely used in my Porsche Panamera via Smart SDR for iOS on my iPhone XS.  It automatically connects to the in-car handsfree system, posing as a phone call.  The receive audio comes through the Burmeister sound system beautifully and the transmit audio is picked up by the in-cabin Porsche hands-free microphone.  I get great reports on my transmitted audio.  PTT is handled by a Flic coin-cell-powered Bluetooth-LE-linked wireless push button fixed to the inside of the ashtray compartment where it falls readily to hand.  It's configured to toggle push-on & push-off.

I absolutely love the convenience and quality of this "mobile" solution.  No antennas, no wiring, only a dash cradle for the phone.  I can operate 223 FM as in the photo (via transverter) or 40M SSB (w/1.5kW) driving to the office in the morning.  If one squints at the lower left of the photo, one can see the green off-hook telephone symbol with a 15+ minute call duration.  FB QSO!
  • Mike W8MM
    Mike W8MM Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Should be Burmester, but auto-spell fooled me.
  • Dave - W6OVP
    Dave - W6OVP Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I like your setup! Reminds me (not!) of my own first mobile rig:

75M ARC-5 XMTR with carbon mike and PE-103 dynamotor. AM RCVR converter and base loaded antenna. Cables the size of small water hoses in a 1950 Chevy.

We have come Sooo far. Congratulations!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.