Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RTTY and mouse click tuning?

Mark - NU6X
Mark - NU6X Member
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I would like to know how others are using mouse click tuning on RTTY. I have been inactive on RTTY over the past year but want to get back to RTTY contesting. On the 5000 I could just click on the Mark peak on the panadapter and I would be within 10 or 20 hz. Very fast and simple. My current solution is to set both RIT and XIT to the 2125 offset. I also narrow the filter and center it on 2210. It works but the the blue filter display on the panadapter doesn't follow the RIT/XIT offset. This is very confusing, especially when searching using multiple slices. Is there a better way?? How are others handling this???
Tagged:

Answers

• Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Mark, My solution is to set the receive and transmit filters to provide a 300 Hz filter that is centered on the middle of the two tones - for example 2210 Hz if you are using the standard 2125. This way the blue filter window shows the offset correctly. You can set the RX filter using the filter widget in SSDR and then the transmit filter in the Setup menu under the transmit settings. Don't worry about using a negative offset in the transmit filter - just set it and when in DIGI-L, the filter will be in the correct place. To ease this setup and also have optionally wider filters, I use my K6TU Control iPad app and create a profile that has the filter settings I want. Then all I need to do is select the mode and filter and I'm done. In a contest I seldom use multiple slices as it can confuse the logging program. Both Writelog and N1MM assume that the radio has two VFOs - A and B - so I use slice A exclusively to avoid QLF'ing myself in the heat of QSOs. Stu K6TU
  • N4AB
    N4AB Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I just use the DIGI-U filter set to 300 HZ and then click hold the slice and then slide it right over the RTTY signal. Works for me. Al, N4AB
  • Greg
    Greg Member ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Until Flex provides a user definable offset solution like in PSDR clicking on spot in RTTY will be useless as will clicking on a rtty signal. Dragging the filter to the desired signal is probably the easiest way other than a FlexControl. 73 Greg

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.