RTTY Skimmer.. How to get working with Flex6700

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • (Edited)

Does anyone have some sort of RTTY Skimmer running using their Flex6K series radio?

What RTTY Skimmer program are you using and how did you set it up with the Flex?

Were you able to pipe it via the telnet port to DXLab  Spot Collector Program or out to the RBN?

Photo of K1UO - Larry

K1UO - Larry

• 732 Posts
  • 119 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Lou

Lou

• 26 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Larry...give send your email address to n2tu at roadrunner dot com and I will forward some info...

Lou N2TU
Photo of K1UO - Larry

K1UO - Larry

• 732 Posts
  • 119 Reply Likes
thanks Lou..  info sent.
Photo of Steve

Steve

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I also trying to get the skimmer to work with my 6500. I installed the Skimmer Software and the SDR Bridge. Then I configured the Skimmer per to document from the Flex site that Steve HIcks published. Problem I'm having is when I try to run the skimmer software it changes the band on the 6500 then I can't change it to another band. Shut of the skimmer and all is well.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Steve AI9T
Photo of Chris Morrison

Chris Morrison

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm having the same problem. Did you find a solution?
Chris
M1PTT
Photo of Andrew Thall

Andrew Thall

• 117 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
If RTTY skimmer runs like CW skimmer, I had to roll back to the latest release of SSDR.  The Beta wouldn't let me run it. 
Andy, k2oo
Photo of Wayne VK4ACN

Wayne VK4ACN

• 120 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Anyone know how to get rtty skimmer  working with the latest smartsdr.  I couldnt get it to work for this rtty contest  and im using the usb ports to control amp and antenna sw, so dont want to roll back.
Photo of geep

geep

• 31 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I tried to get the RTTY Skimmer working with my 6700 and 1.10 today without much success.  I've followed the instructions to install but not run, then run SDR Bridge to get the DLL's installed, then start RTTY Skimmer.  It runs, however, it throws up what looks like another slice at 80 meters and hides whatever slice is running.  There is no tuning cursor or control panel, the running slice is offscreen with the indicator, and the only solution is shutting down everything and starting over.  Perhaps none of this is ready for prime time.  I had hoped to use the skimmer for FD this weekend, but that doesn't seem like it is going be in the cards.  Help appreciated if anyone has successfully installed and used it.
Photo of K1UO - Larry

K1UO - Larry

• 732 Posts
  • 119 Reply Likes
I asked this question 7 months ago and to be honest was , somehow, able to get  RTTY Skimmer working once and then very touchy.  I was not able to then run another instance of CW Skimmer at the same time so finally gave up trying and have never really gotten RTTY Skimmer working with my 6700.  CW Skimmer has been fine using SDR Bridge.  Sorry I missed the posts 4 months ago asking if I had ever found a solution.

Regards
Larry  K1UO 
Photo of geep

geep

• 31 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Larry, thanks for the note.  I have given up, deleted and reinstalled all the software including 1.10 with the same results, even with two slices in place.  The skimmer program immediately causes --apparently -- slice A to show 3.5 Mhz with the A flag hidden on the right side, won't go back up there, can't fix it without closing all the slices and removing the skimmer.  I'll go ask the author what's wrong, and if I get an answer and get it working, will post with results.  Geep WA4RTS
Photo of Bill N5TU

Bill N5TU

• 48 Posts
  • 14 Reply Likes
This works for me with DXLab:

Make sure your IQ Stream is enabled.

In SDR-Bridge: set up CW Skimmer | Settings | Telnet |Enable Telnet Server 7310

In DX Lab: | SpotCollector | Config | Spot Sources: Host address = localhost, Port = 7310, Caption = CW Skimmer, Username = your call, click Enable and Auto

You should be set to go.

VY 73,
Bill, N5TU
Photo of geep

geep

• 31 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Different beast Bill, this is the RTTY version, and the telnet tab in SDR Bridge is greyed out.  I did ask the author and he was absolutely no help.  Told me to ask the SDR Bridge author.  Glad I have the trial and didn't pay him.  Probably going to give up for the time being since FD is just around the corner and that's where I wanted to use it.  Thanks anyway.