Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RTTY on 6400

DonE
DonE Member ✭✭
What RTTY program is necessary for the 6400 to run RTTY

Answers

• JohnSweeney
    JohnSweeney Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I believe there are a number of programs that will work.  I use MMTTY and it works fine with my Flex6500.
  • DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    thanks John
  • K3WR - Jim
    K3WR - Jim Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hi Don, For RTTY contesting, I use the N1MM application to control my Flex 6400, send canned contest messages and log QSO's. I use MMTTY for RTTY, which interfaces very well with N1MM. With both N1MM and MMTTY applications running, contesting on RTTY is fast, easy and very efficient. For casual RTTY QSO's, I tend to use the FLDIGI application, which also allows for canned messages, as well as on-the-fly RTTY typing. At one time I used FLDIGI for RTTY contesting, however, once I got turned on to N1MM and MMTTY, there was no turning back. Just my two cents, other opinions may vary.
  • Ed, K6VMV
    Ed, K6VMV Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hi Don, I have a 6300.  I have used Fldigi for a long time for all digital modes including RTTY.  I recently worked the VP6D DXpedition using Fldigi RTTY.  Almost all the digital modes are on Fldigi with the exception of FT8 and SSTV.  WSJT-X is best for FT8.  Also download JTAlert to use in conjunction with FT8.  Other programs are available for SSTV.  There are Youtube videos that will help you set up the programs.  GL and have fun, 73  Ed, K6VMV
  • sky
    sky Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Suggestion....try PSK-31 with error correction using FLDIGI.  Very efficient communications.
    PSK31 is aimed at providing a greater level of performance for keyboard-to-keyboard, conversational-style data communications than is available with RTTY.

Enjoy!
  • DonE
    DonE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Ed i use the JTAlert for ft8 also .
  • Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    N1MM with MMTTY here. Love it. Ran it on 6300 and now 6600.
  • k2zs
    k2zs Member
    edited February 2021
    How do you set up the radio? DIGL? DIGU? Offset/center band pass? I have a 6400M
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

LSB or DIGIL is the normal Mode for a regular radio running RTTY, most Digital modes use DIGIU so it is a bit confusing. Most RTTY software has a check mark to reverse the Tone of the AFSK signals which so if you have trouble coping just change to DIGIU or hit the Reverse button on the software.

I have never had to mess with "Offset /center band pass"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.