Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RTTY keeps changing to DIGIL.

Robby Robertson
Robby Robertson Member ✭✭
edited April 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
RTTY is constantly changing to DIGIL. I have to go back and relect RTTY again. This is very annoying even if you are not in a contest. Not only that but the DAX setting are usually lost. I have to go to the windows sound and change my audio setting back to the DAX ones. Sometimes the audio setting get changed even with out the DIGIL switch. This has been happening for quite some time and is extremely annoying. It has happened about 10 times in the last hour and by the time I got my settings back my caller has moved on. Has anyone run into this issue?
-Robby
HP3SS

Answers

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    This symptom seems like the RTTY s/w is sending mode commands.
    If you rtty s/w has a setting for setting mode i would recommend to disable it. this should let the radio stay in the mode set it.

Not sure what s/w you are using..
    BUT
    let the group know and someone who uses that rtty s/w may be able to help.

I run fldigi and have not seen that symptom.

Paul K3SF
  • Robby Robertson
    edited April 2020
    I am using N1MM+ with MMTTY. I have had this happen with CW as well but not as much. N
  • Robby Robertson
    edited April 2020
    OK. I am not seeing much interest in this problem. I know others have this. I seems like if you are not on SSB SSDR thinks you should be on FT8 or something. But I do not need FT8. I can work DX on CW right up to 10 meters. Very often when I change bands my mode shifts to DIGIL. Sometimes if I QSY on my current band my mode goes to DIGIL. If I switch from CW to RTTY I get DigiL. Is there any way to remove it as an available mode? I have no use for it.
    If you have this issue, please comment.

-Robby
    HP3SS

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    How are you switching bands?
  • Robby Robertson
    edited April 2020
    I switch bands in a variety of ways. 
    - The band menu on the top left.
    -Profiles.
    -Typing a frequency into the Entry Window on N1MM+.
    - Using the band/mode buttons to the left of the Entry Window.
    You may have noticed there are many ways to change bands but it is not necessary to change bands to get this annoying result. Clicking on a quiet spot on the panadaptor can do it. Not every time but more often in RTTY.
    I am not sure whether the problem is in SSDR or N1MM+. I have posted the issue to both forums.

-Robby
    HP3SS
  • ldudicz
    ldudicz Member
    edited April 2020
    Hi Robby,
    Please check your N1MM+ settings. Open Configurer window and go to the Mode Control Tab
    These settings can generate issue described by you.
    Leon sp5dl
  • John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200831185-How-to-Reset-the-Persistence-Database-for...

If each method produces the same error, perhaps it is a problem with the persistence data base. The reset may be worth a try.
  • Robby Robertson
    edited April 2020
    I think I many have fixed it earlier this morning. I can always think better in the morning.
    I tried various settings in N1MM config Mode control.  I found that RTTY for RTTY and USB for Digi seems to work. I have been working some RTTY for the last few hours and the problem has not reappeared. I hope that's got it.

Thanks for your input Leon SP5DL.
    I have 'Use Radio Mode'
    Always RTTY.
    and under Mode sent to radio - RTTY = RTTY and Digi + USB.
    Close to your settings. TU

Thanks to all.

-Robby
    HP3SS

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.