Rotated Maestro Display

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Acknowledged
I am using a Flex 6700 with a Maestro, both updated to the latest SW as of 18 November.  The problem is that the Maestro Display is rotated 90 degrees CCW.  I have attempted to fix the problem by upgrading SW, cycling power, holding the power button down for 30+ seconds and the like.  Nothing works.  The unit had been working well and then I was away for some time (3 weeks) and when I powered it up it was in this condition. 

Any suggestions?  Oh, the system seems to still work, its just awkward as hell to use it this way.

Jeff, W5QR
Photo of Jeff

Jeff

  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

  • 9178 Posts
  • 3525 Reply Likes
I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  Please respond using the HelpDesk ticket for issue resolution.

If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.
Photo of Brent Parker

Brent Parker

  • 93 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes

Mine just work up rotated 90d CCW this morning. I've submitted a ticket, but any ideas??


W8XG  Brent

Photo of Doug - W3UB

Doug - W3UB

  • 54 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Mine rotated 90 degrees a couple of months ago. I could get it back normal if I held the power button down until it shut down AND all LEDs went off. Then you had to remove the power connection. When you plugged in the power 90% of the time it was OK, the other 10% I got some internal Windows OS error screen.

I opened a ticket when this happened and was told it would be fixed in v2.3 to be released in June. Or I could send it in and they would correct it, but they thought it might occur again as there is a bug.

The other alternative to shutting it down is leaving it on, once you get it right. Or use an iPad, which is what I have been doing for a couple of months.

This should have been an easy fix I would have thought, if this happened with the iOS app, Marcus would have fixed it in a few days, not months.

Hopefully v2.3 fixes it.
Photo of Brent Parker

Brent Parker

  • 93 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes

Thanks Doug,

I did what you said. It took a couple of tries, but it's back to normal, for now. Hopefully 2.3 arrives and resolves this, before I need to send it in.

Thanks Again,   Brent W8XG

Photo of Doug - W3UB

Doug - W3UB

  • 54 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
Great. Just make sure you hold the power button down after it shuts off and continue to hold it down till all the LEDs are off, that usually works for me.

v2.3 darn well better fix this ... :)

/Doug